Veeam 10a CU P20210609 Released

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Afternoon!

As was mentioned recently by Gostev, we now have a public CU update for v10 even though v11 has been released. Another KB worth bookmarking!

https://www.veeam.com/kb4180

13 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Nice to see them keeping v10 updated even with v11 out. Bookmarked! 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Be aware though if you apply this you cannot upgrade to v11 until v11a is out. FYI

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Be aware though if you apply this you cannot upgrade to v11 until v11a is out. FYI

Interestingly though it doesn’t impact Veeam Cloud Connect’s support of backups from this version provided it is on v11 P20210507

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Interestingly though it doesn’t impact Veeam Cloud Connect’s support of backups from this version provided it is on v11 P20210507

Yeah I read that which is interesting.  Usually it affects all or nothing but this may be a good thing for sure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yeah I read that which is interesting.  Usually it affects all or nothing but this may be a good thing for sure.

I believe it was Gostev’s weekly recap that discussed this being a test towards Veeam offering a LTSC style option for their products, be interesting to see what comes of this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I believe it was Gostev’s weekly recap that discussed this being a test towards Veeam offering a LTSC style option for their products, be interesting to see what comes of this!

Yes I like the idea of the LTSC with Veeam and it should be interesting to see how it does go. :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

VBR becomes more and more adult :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

A LTSC release and/or patches for the previous major release do make sense and are a welcome change. There could be good reasons why you cannot upgrade to the next release so this way you can still benefit from bug/security fixes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

A LTSC release and/or patches for the previous major release do make sense and are a welcome change. There could be good reasons why you cannot upgrade to the next release so this way you can still benefit from bug/security fixes.

100% agree

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

For anyone that missed this when it was posted:

If you see the Veeam R&D forum there’s still a poll showing the % of people that are in agreement over what v12 should look like. I see this as a great way to hopefully optimise the QA pipeline and allow Veeam to drop support for old platforms into LTSC only. Giving organisations a clear reference point to when they need to either stay on LTSC until a migration is complete or in specific industries that tend to have lingering devices, simply remain on old anyway (I’ve personally had this debate many times, why do you think it’s suitable to not upgrade all of your infrastructure except your backup, and expect your backup solution to stretch so far back?), this argument has been played out a lot in the forum discussion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

There may be many reasons why you can or cannot upgrade, but I'm with you @MicoolPaul ; if your hardware, infrastructure or software is out of date then you also can wait upgrading your backup. If you need to upgrade because of a problem/bug with Veeam then things look different but still you risk bugs with everything else, which doesn't make that much sense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

There may be many reasons why you can or cannot upgrade, but I'm with you @MicoolPaul ; if your hardware, infrastructure or software is out of date then you also can wait upgrading your backup. If you need to upgrade because of a problem/bug with Veeam then things look different but still you risk bugs with everything else, which doesn't make that much sense.

Agree completely, Veeam have always had a discretionary response to patching old versions to allow themselves to bring out patches for the real big issues, I think some people will benefit from a proper LTSC and if Veeam choose to replace their current previous version policy with this I think most people requiring this will be happy. (You can’t please everyone though, it’s 2021 and I’ve seen Windows XP in the wild still and someone requesting Veeam Agent support for this…)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

There may be many reasons why you can or cannot upgrade, but I'm with you @MicoolPaul ; if your hardware, infrastructure or software is out of date then you also can wait upgrading your backup. If you need to upgrade because of a problem/bug with Veeam then things look different but still you risk bugs with everything else, which doesn't make that much sense.

Absolutely agree 👍

Comment