VCC/MSP - Group?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello Everyone,

Seeing the new Cloud City group spin up I wanted to ask if anyone would be interested in seeing a VCC/MSP type group that focuses more on those topics?  Please vote.

Regards,

Chris Childerhose 

VCC/MSP Group

17 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Though a group like that wouldn't really benefit me, i can see it's potential value. 👍🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Though a group like that wouldn't really benefit me, i can see it's potential value. 👍🏼

Thanks Shane as I know there are a few MSPs on here for sure including myself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I just don’t know. The R&D forums area seems to contain everything. If we create too many then it gets even harder to follow. Then there is the issue of being “bread and butter”. You can’t really proudly display your great secret initiatives here since you are in the den of lions competition (at least that is what the Managerial species might be thinking :) )

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I just don’t know. The R&D forums area seems to contain everything. If we create too many then it gets even harder to follow. Then there is the issue of being “bread and butter”. You can’t really proudly display your great secret initiatives here since you are in the den of lions competition (at least that is what the Managerial species might be thinking :) )

I am open was just something I was contemplating a if of no benefit then I will drop it but depends on the interest.  I know there is the forums but think it might be a good place to share things without the support case requirement, etc.  Anyway let's see what happens. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Geoff Burke - yes that’s true too. I know Veeam wants this site to grow, but is creating groups for any & everything the way to go? Good points by both though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Another point - does a new group actually “need” to be created? If folks have questions, they can just post that here, or in forums. Being not a MSP, I’m just being a bit of devil’s advocate here is all :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Another point - does a new group actually “need” to be created? If folks have questions, they can just post that here, or in forums. Being not a MSP, I’m just being a bit of devil’s advocate here is all :)

Yeah I mean you should see some of the Cloud Native Slack sites.. you could apply for full time employment if you tried to keep up. 

Joking aside it is a hard call.

Of course it could also bring out the lower nature in our beings :). I mean if a certain jolly trio say, from a fictional Uber SP.. let’s call them 7 Eleven, joined and started sharing (after a trip to a certain pub in Prague) deep secrets from the vault.. I might be tempted to sit quietly (a huge rarity) and humbly listen in :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

hahaha.. I bet 😊

Another point is I thought I heard in a webinar we had...maybe 2...SPs, or at least VCSP customers, make up a small portion of Veeam's customer base, right? Or am I hallucinating? I very well could've be🤷‍♂️ But on the flip side, do MSPs make up a good portion of Veeam's income? 🤔 I guess my main point is what specific use would this page/community be used for? BTW... I totally think the question should've been asked. 👍🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Certainly @Chris.Childerhose 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for posting the poll Chris.  Let's see if we can't find some time to get together and discuss in Miami. Would be good if we can have some sort of ideas.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for posting the poll Chris.  Let's see if we can't find some time to get together and discuss in Miami. Would be good if we can have some sort of ideas.

Definitely we can. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

hahaha.. I bet 😊

Another point is I thought I heard in a webinar we had...maybe 2...SPs, or at least VCSP customers, make up a small portion of Veeam's customer base, right? Or am I hallucinating? I very well could've be🤷‍♂️ But on the flip side, do MSPs make up a good portion of Veeam's income? 🤔 I guess my main point is what specific use would this page/community be used for? BTW... I totally think the question should've been asked. 👍🏼

That is a great point too and explains the lack of SP oriented training which was always a challenge. Having your whole SP helpdesk become VMCE’s did not make a lot of sense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

That makes sense @Geoff Burke 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Here I am!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Chris.Childerhose @coolsport00 @dloseke 

I think it's a great initiative to expand the community and cover all areas where Veeam operates and can help with day-by-day operations at a Design and other VCC implementation issues.
Present!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.Childerhose @coolsport00 @dloseke 

I think it's a great initiative to expand the community and cover all areas where Veeam operates and can help with day-by-day operations at a Design and other VCC implementation issues.
Present!

Thanks, as that was my goal with this suggestion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Agreed.  By no means am I an expert in things like the VSPC and VCC, but I’ve learned a lot the last in the last two years about it and want to (a) have a good place to gain more information and (b) share the information I’ve learned so that other folks aren’t reinventing the wheel like I feel I’ve done to some degree.  This community seems like a pretty great place to do it.

Comment