VBR Upgrade 10 to 12

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone performed a VBR 10 to a VBR 12 upgrade. I am going to search here and the forums for any pleasant surprises that might be waiting but thought I would throw out the hook and bait for some saucy nightmare tale.

According to this https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/upgrade_vbr_byb.html?ver=120

License ist gut! and it is supported which make feel secure. Obviously, I would want to check the whole GFS situation but I believe none a present. 

Be Aware

So has anybody done this and encountered anything untoward?

Thanks

13 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Only done v11 to v12 upgrades here my friend. Good luck but if on the right version you "should not" have any issues.  🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Yeah, but last week I bragged that since stopping my Beer drinking in 2020 I have never gotten seriously sick, even Omicron was not hard and… Boom!! Friday shakes but not on the dance floor, and then all weekend long rock in and a rolling. So now I am in paranoia mode that as my Grade 10 Latin teach would say my “superbia and fastus” is in for some more lessons and am trying to be cunning and outflank fate :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I have done v10 to v12.  Pretty sure I did it via the Service Provider Console.  Don't think I've done one manually though. Just RTFM generally, but I wouldn't generally expect any issues. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

In my experience, I have done v9 to v10, v10 to v11 and v11 to v12. I do not see your issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

In my experience, I have done v9 to v10, v10 to v11 and v11 to v12. I do not see your issue.

:) no issues yet, trying to avoid.  Only reason a brought this up is because it is a big jump v10 to v12. I have never had to jump a whole, and to be honest very big version. V11 brought in quite a lot of changes, v12 does as well. So far thought it seems like no one has hit anything.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

As far as I know you need V10a to be able to V12 directly. “Normal” V10 is not sufficient.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

As far as I know you need V10a to be able to V12 directly. “Normal” V10 is not sufficient.

So you mean 10.0.1.4854

https://www.veeam.com/kb3228

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

and can you point me a link where it states that. I am looking as well but have not found yet. 

If this is true then I guess I would have to have them do a upgrade to say v11 (or whatever earlier than v12 iso I can find) then upgrade to 12. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I am also checking with my support SE to see. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

BEST ANSWER GOES TO 

But I can’t seem to set it. 

Thanks you are completely right and this is going to be a not as much fun as I thought :) 

•  

Veeam Backup & Replication 12 supports automated in-place upgrade from any version 11 build and from version 10a (build 10.0.1.4854), which preserves all product settings and configuration. To upgrade from earlier versions, please contact our Customer Support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

BEST ANSWER GOES TO 

Thanks you are completely right and this is going to be a not as much fun as I thought :) 

•  

Veeam Backup & Replication 12 supports automated in-place upgrade from any version 11 build and from version 10a (build 10.0.1.4854), which preserves all product settings and configuration. To upgrade from earlier versions, please contact our Customer Support.

Thank you.

You posted a content thread,  not a question. 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

BEST ANSWER GOES TO 

•  

Thank you.

You posted a content thread,  not a question. 😉

a yes discussion board :) 

Userlevel 4

Hello all,

Check in this link the upgrade path recommended 

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/hyperv/upgrade_vbr.html?ver=120

I upgrade directly from 10a to 12 and is working fine

Comment