Solved

VBR 11a Error at fresh install ?

• 12 October 2021
  • 9 comments

Userlevel 2
  • Not a newbie anymore
  • 5 comments

I did an installation on a new vm (Windows 2019)of the VBR 11a with sql express and the installation does not go to the end but I have this error there:

12.10.2021 17:29:05][INFO] Exception occurred (Veeam products installation section).
Info: System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
   at Veeam.Setup.Wizard.VmInstallStagePrereqEngine.Install()
   at Veeam.Setup.Wizard.PredefinedDialogs.VmInstallDialog.m_installWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

I tried with other source same result ifanyone has an idea :)

icon

Best answer by Iams3le 12 October 2021, 23:04

View original

9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey!

There should be multiple log files, this by itself isn’t much use to anyone but if you go into the installer log location (I believe it’s within the user’s appdata\local\temp folder by default) there should be additional logs that will provide more information on what component failed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

That should be the path for the setup logs:

C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Setup

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That should be the path for the setup logs:

C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Setup

Thanks for adding this Mildur, my last troubleshooting session was outputting some failed information in the temp folder (this was Veeam ONE) so that came to mind!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @Paul, You may want to see why this error was prompted: https://forums.veeam.com/veeam-backup-replication-f2/failing-to-install-installation-interrupted-before-application-could-be-installed-case-03998356-t64695.html

From these explanations, you should be able to resolve this issue.

• Ensure you have the administrative privilege to actually install VBR 11a
Userlevel 2

hi all,

@chris_eromosele Yes i check all privilege :).

@MicoolPaul i will check on C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Setup today.

I test to install sqlexpress 2016 manually and i have this error 0X84B1001 so i will see if i watch this error on C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Setup:grinning: .

Userlevel 2

Hi all :grinning:

So support found this :

he requested operation cannot be completed. The computer must be trusted for delegation and the current user account must be configured to allow delegation.
HResult : 0x80090345
Stack:
at System.Security.Cryptography.ProtectedData.Protect(Byte[] userData, Byte[] optionalEntropy, DataProtectionScope scope)

And microsoft was your friend :

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/security-policy-settings/enable-computer-and-user-accounts-to-be-trusted-for-delegation

Now “ it’s just work”.

Thank a lot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

So support found this :

he requested operation cannot be completed. The computer must be trusted for delegation and the current user account must be configured to allow delegation.
Stack:
at System.Security.Cryptography.ProtectedData.Protect(Byte[] userData, Byte[] optionalEntropy, DataProtectionScope scope)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/security-policy-settings/enable-computer-and-user-accounts-to-be-trusted-for-delegation

Now “ it’s just work”.

Thank a lot.

It seems a problem about Local Administrator’s rights, now solved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So support found this :

Stack:

Now “ it’s just work”.

Thank a lot.

I am glad you were finally able to resolve this issue. It all boils down to not having the right privilege! 

Userlevel 2

Yes @chris_eromoselewith rodc it's more complex !

Comment