Solved

v11 to v11a

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey guys,

I am currently using v11. To use v11a, should I perform upgrade or download a cumulative patch and perform update?

icon

Best answer by Mildur 31 December 2021, 09:19

View original

15 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Anandu 

Please download the iso. It will contain all Patches.

It‘s all documented in the Release Notes, on how you have to upgrade.

https://www.veeam.com/kb4245

From the notes:

If you are running any Veeam Backup & Replication version between 9.5 U4b and 11, you can use the ISO below to upgrade your installation directly to version 11a P20211211.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Mildur giving the correct response in TWO minutes?! Insane how great this community is.

Nothing else of value for me to add here @Anandu, what Mildur said is spot on!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@Mildur giving the correct response in TWO minutes?! Insane how great this community is.

Nothing else of value for me to add here @Anandu, what Mildur said is spot on!

@Mildur is the brightest star of this community.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

So, downloading cumulative patch and update to v11a is not the right option? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Go to the V11a cumulative patch KB, download the iso there and you are good to go. The iso has always the most recent CU Patch included.

I have posted the link.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I believe you can use just the patch to update to v11a without the entire ISO file. That is what the patch file is for.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I believe you can use just the patch to update to v11a without the entire ISO file. That is what the patch file is for.

@Chris.Childerhose 

He is using V11. The patch „exe“ can only be applied to V11a.

From V11, you must use the ISO to upgrade to V11a with latest patch version.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.Childerhose

He is using V11. The patch „exe“ can only be applied to V11a.

From V11, you must use the ISO to upgrade to V11a with latest patch version.

Ok my mistake

Hi everybody,

I am new to VEEAM and have VEEAM v11 installed. 
Now I get the „upgrade to version 11a“ message and want to upgrade for the first time.
I (searched hard, finally found and) downloaded this file: VeeamBackup&Replication_11.0.1.261_20211211.iso

I started the setup with no current job running (sure!) and get the information that I have to Upgrade Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager first.
I start this upgrade and get the error message: „some Veeam Backup & Replication jobs are still running. Please stop and disable all jobs, then click Retry…“

There is no job running. And why disable ALL jobs which are not running?
But I did it and afterwards stopped ALL Veeam Tasks manually and I still get the error message „veeam.backup.shell.exe is still running“. But there is no Veeam application running and no task! 
What shall I do? 
Was the installation (which was done by an external IT company) faulty?

Many thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hello @SabineB,
veeam.backup.shell.exe  is the Veeam Console - the program you are working with on your Veeam Server. Close this program and try again.

Hello JMeixner,  the veeam console isn’t running.  I did control this with process explorer. I still get this error message. 

WOW. After doing this for the third time, the upgrade of enterprise manager seems to work!!

The installation starts …. 

THANKS!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

On both servers? Where the Veeam Server and the Enterprise manager is running?

If you keep getting this error, have you tried to reboot the server first?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I would see this commonly when someone else was logged into the server with the console open FYI. A reboot before patching never hurts!

I am the only one to use VEEAM and both Server and Enterprise manager is installed on one Server. But with trying to reproduce the error the setups worked.  

many thanks for your help!

shall I close this case anywhere? :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @SabineB ,
fine that it is working now.

No, the owner of a thread can close it only. You have written to an already existing thread.

Comment