Question

Upgrade preparation to version 11 and GFS

Userlevel 3

Hello

Sorry if this is a basic question or a topic already discuss in the forum, but I really need advices regarding GFS before doing an upgrade from version 10.0.0.1 to version 11 .

In the documentation it’s said: 

“Do you have backup copy jobs with synthetic GFS full backups? Before the upgrade, make sure that all GFS candidates (incremental restore points created on days when GFS was scheduled and that are expected to be transformed into full GFS restore points) are already transformed into GFS restore points. To force the backup copy job to transform all GFS candidates, you can temporarily decrease the short-term retention to a value less than the number of restore points between the latest restore point and the most recent GFS candidate and then wait till all the candidates are transformed.”

I’m not sure what they meen by “short-term retention” 

This is my config:

thanks for your help

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

What I think that means is the 25 restore points - you need to decrease that to ensure the transform takes place prior to upgrading.  That is the short-term retention.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Sorry for quick reply, did you read this from forum side?

https://forums.veeam.com/veeam-backup-replication-f2/lost-weekly-gfs-after-v11-upgrade-t78826.html

Userlevel 3

yes but there is no answer to the last post that is very similar to me

Comment