Skip to main content
Solved

Upgrade 11 to 12.1 and immutable settings

Hello,

We are planning to upgrade veeam from V11.0.x to 12.1.x, but on current installation (V11) we have configured Linux repository with immutable settings. 

But in V12 we see that there is Linux - (no immutable settings) and Linux as Hardened Repository i(or something like that with immutable settings) .

Question, do we lose immutable settings after migration and there will be need to create new repo with immutable settings ??

Thanks,    

12 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @tedew -

No, Veeam still has the same immutability options as with your current version. You only need to upgrade the Proxy & Repository components after upgrade. No other changes are required. Your jobs should continue to run as immutable.

Hope that helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Make sure to review the upgrade checklist in the User Guide before your upgrade:

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/upgrade_vbr_byb.html?ver=120

Userlevel 4

And as I can remember, you need to enable SSH login and SUDO permisions for the user that will upgrade the Veeam agent in repo server until the upgrade has finished. From V 12 this is not needed anymore

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

And as I can remember, you need to enable SSH login and SUDO permisions for the user that will upgrade the Veeam agent in repo server until the upgrade has finished. From V 12 this is not needed anymore

Yep, that is absolutely correct @javichumellamo . 

@tedew , make sure to see this previous thread where we discuss this very thing, and instructions on how to perform this task are given as well:

Userlevel 2

hello,

Thanks, i will try upgrade today.

I have a question about Linux repository itself (now it is Ubuntu 20.04) - can I upgrade to 22.04 ?? upgrade of ver of linux repo can have any impact on veeam ?? 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @tedew 

Ubuntu 22.04 is supported

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/system_requirements.html?ver=120#backup-repository

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @tedew 

Your use case is covered in the user guide. 

Upgrading Linux Repository to Hardened Repository

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/hardened_repository_managing.html?ver=120#upgrading-linux-repository-to-hardened-repository

Best,

Fabian

Userlevel 2

hello,

I did upgrade and almost everything looks ok -  i have one warning:

07.06.2024 06:59:52 Warning Failed to connect to Nutanix AHV plug-in: Failed to login to platform service: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.140.135:8543

Do You know what to check ??

Thansk

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@tedew - I recommend getting hold of Support 

Userlevel 2

hello,

I found the reason - service Veeam AHC Service was stopped, after starting , the Configuration Backup is done without any warning. 

Thanks for all your posts and help.

Thank You.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Awesome...great to hear. No problem @tedew 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @tedew - just following up to see if you had further questions? If one of the provided comments helped you, we ask you to please mark one as "best answer" so others who have a similar question & come across your post will benefit.

Thank you. 

Comment