Unpacking Object First Ootbi

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi! Our Object First appliance just arrived, and we are preparing to install it in our lab environment. It´s a beautiful object storage 😊

Derek also received an appliance and will write a series of posts about tests and performance. I will share my impressions here. Looking forward to the series! 👏🏻

17 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Looking forward to when I receive mine as well to do some blogging and testing.  This will be great the many community articles to come.  😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Looking forward to when I receive mine as well to do some blogging and testing.  This will be great the many community articles to come.  😁

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🚀

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@leduardoserrano - do you get fun toys to play with cuz you’re a partner? Chris..same? Or, because you all blog? Or both? I’m jello! Enjoy! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@leduardoserrano - do you get fun toys to play with cuz you’re a partner? Chris..same? Or, because you all blog? Or both? I’m jello! Enjoy! 😊

Hi @coolsport00! I work at an OF´s distributor. This device will be intended to provide technical support to partners and customers, demos, POCs, etc.👍🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Ah, ok. I work for a customer..and I do like my job...but I tend not to get the same opportunities you all do. Will look forward to all the Object First blog posts! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I got one because I work for a large MSP and being a Vanguard/Legend and blogging.  😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This is great @leduardoserrano! I got one too and the first detailed post will be published asap! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

This is great @leduardoserrano! I got one too and the first detailed post will be published asap! 

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Very cool. Looking forward to seeing these blog posts. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

It’s a pretty awesome little device.  However, I had to lock up within 24 hours of powering on, but support looked at the logs, found the issue, and said it should be something they’ll have resolved in the next software update.  No complaints about the support team for sure.  I should hopefully have my my setup blog post coming on Friday if I can find the time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

It’s a pretty awesome little device.  However, I had to lock up within 24 hours of powering on, but support looked at the logs, found the issue, and said it should be something they’ll have resolved in the next software update.  No complaints about the support team for sure.  I should hopefully have my my setup blog post coming on Friday if I can find the time.

Thanks Derek for the feedback. This is exactly what I need to hear, I can also channel any issues back through the line. 

cheers

Geoff

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Great to hear it! 👏🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That is great Support for sure.  Cannot wait to get mine the anticipation is building.  😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Teaser Images…..right now I have the device racked at our secondary site (my office), so I have a couple of machines being backed up to the device, but I have a copy job running across our WAN to the device.  Performance has looked good, but I want to do a couple instant recovery’s and see how it fares….

Object First Ootbi Dashboard Screenshot
Object First Ootbi Monitoring Screenshot

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Looking good Derek.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Wow Supermicro hardware. excellent value for money. Have a great days with this little toy. 😝

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for share with us @dloseke ! You are a very important member of this community, keep up the great work! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Comment