Question

Unable to run backup job in phisical UBUNTU server 22.0

Userlevel 2
Hi!
Ubuntu 22.04 server has veeam agent 5.0.2 installedbut the backup job shows this error:

Error: Failed to execute agent management command startBackup. table JobSessions has no column named end_time
Unable to run query.  

18 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

First off..the latest version is 6.1. You may wanna try to install the latest version to see if your error goes away. Secondly, I recommend looking at the System Requirements from the Linux Agent Guide to make sure you have everything installed which is needed. If your install is ‘standard’ Ubuntu install, all software should install with the OS by default. But, it doesn’t hurt to verify.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Here is the Release Notes, which also has install instructions and pre-req’s.

Userlevel 2

When I install agent 6.1 the error message is this:

Error: Failed to execute agent management command startBackup. Reconnectable protocol device was closed.
Unable to authenticate on backup server BAK-SRV-01:10006; 172.16.100.49:10006.
Failed to establish connection to BAK-SRV-01:10006; 172.16.100.49:10006
Failed to connect to Veeam Backup & Replication server by certificate.
Failed to establish connection to Veeam server.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Are you backing up the Ubuntu server via a Veeam server, or Standalone Linux Agent?

Userlevel 2

via Veeam server

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello @isalinas 

What is your VBR version ?

How did you install the agent ? 

Do you have several NIC card on the Ubuntu or a bound ? Try to keep it simple first to be sure it’s working fine.

Do you opened the networks ports on the firewall ?

On my side, I had no issue to install it but if you have secure boot enabled, you will have some to execute the job after this issue is solved

Userlevel 4

It looks like there are some ports between VBR and Agent are blocked or the Agent could not resolve DNS Name.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@isalinas - were you able to ever back this server up? The others bring up a couple good points. Check your Linux Firewall, and also make sure the Linux server has a DNS record, or at least is added in your VBR server hosts file.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @isalinas -

Any updates on this? Did you get the Agent installed?

Userlevel 2
Hello everyone.I updated the Veeam Backup & Replication server from version 10 to 11 and then installed the Linux 5 agent again on the Ubuntu Server, the problem is that it is not compatible now:error: 01/25/2024 9:41:15 :: Skipping dockers: operating system is not supported

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Can you install the latest Agent, which is 6.1?

Userlevel 2

Hi! @coolsport00 

I already installed agent 6.1 but when I run the backup job it shows this error:01/25/2024 10:19:11 :: Task failed. Error: Failed to generate certificate for 172.16.100.45: host is managed by another backup server BAK-SRV-01
Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @isalinas -

Thank you for the update. You need to remove the computer from the Agent policy on the VBR server to run a backup job on the Linux computer as a Standalone job. After you remove the computer from the Agent/Protection Group policy, you may need to uninstall/reinstall the Agent, but first try to create and/or run a job. if you still get an error, you may also need to reset the Agent DB config. To do so, go to /var/lib/veeam and remove the following files: veeam_db.sqliteveeam_db.sqlite-shm, and veeam_db.sqlite-wal 

You should then be able to create/run a backup job. Or, you may need to reinstall the Agent.

Userlevel 2

@coolsport00 

I added a key with the name AgentDiscoveryIgnoreOwnership to the machine where B&R is installed; the path to the key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Backup and Replication with the value = 1Now the job is already executed but it takes an hour and the progress is 0%
Userlevel 7
Badge +17

At this point @isalinas ...it’s beyond me. You may need to work with Support at this point to get this working. If you do, I’d be curious as to their resolution.

Userlevel 2
Thank you very much for the support.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sure thing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @isalinas -

Just following up here. Was support able to help? What was their solution? Could you post what they did to reesolve this for others’ benefit?

Thank you.

Comment