Solved

Te text may contain a maximum of 50000 characters

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi everyone, I want to post a step by step guide of a migration from an old Vmware DC to a new one with focus on Migration \ Replication of an Active Directory environment, unfortunately the guide is quite long and over 50000, it is possible to increase it or I have to fragment my post on the blog?

Thanks, I look forward to a kind reply.

icon

Best answer by Kseniya 11 January 2021, 11:28

View original

10 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

If you want share such much content, think about splitting it into a few parts. This is also much easier to read. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

If you want share such much content, think about splitting it into a few parts. This is also much easier to read. 

sure thx :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Link State

Do you have any pictures/screenshots in your text? 

When you copy entire text with all elements, pictures are being counted as characters (lots of characters!)

If you add pictures via “insert image” (as shown below), they won’t be counted as characters and you should be good to go with publishing!  :blush:

If you don’t have pictures in the text at all, I would suggest to split content in 2 parts, as suggested by @vNote42 :blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Link State

When you copy entire text with all elements, pictures are being counted as characters (lots of characters!)

If you add pictures via “insert image” (as shown below), they won’t be counted as characters and you should be good to go with publishing!  :blush:

If you don’t have pictures in the text at all, I would suggest to split content in 2 parts, as suggested by @vNote42 :blush:

I have many sshots to attach

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Then it should work well for you, @Link State:blush: 

Let us know if there are any issues. We look forward to your content piece! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Link State

If you don’t have pictures in the text at all, I would suggest to split content in 2 parts, as suggested by @vNote42 :blush:

Thanks @Kseniya for this info! This explains why it looks different when pasting from a Word doc incl. pictures.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Link State

Thanks @Kseniya for this info! This explains why it looks different when pasting from a Word doc incl. pictures.

Also I had noticed that the images copied from word and pastate on the blog post were counted as characters. : \

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

This is right, @Link State! That’s why I mentioned that images are better to be uploaded via ‘insert image’ :relaxed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Link State

ohhh i good to know :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I was about to create a new post on this issue. I have truncated my blogposts and I hope it still makes sense when I finally succeed in posting it… Ran a quick word count and it was about 15k, and I have truncated it to abt 9k plus. Let me see what I can do with the images, by saving and re-uploading. This is what makes sense to me right now.

Comment