Skip to main content

Hello;

I have a question.

I installed a new version of VBR 12.2 3 days ago.

I registered a tape server to use a tape device (IBM 3573-TL 1610).

This device contains 15 LTO9 devices.

I registered the tape server for the first time, and I did an inventory.

But 2 LTO devices failed to inventory.

The error message is as follows.

2024-10-24 오후 5:56:37 Error    Failed to inventory tape A00091L9 Error: Failed to call RPC function 'GetDriveActivity': Access is denied. Problem with CreateFile by path \\.\Tape0.
2024-10-24 오후 5:56:37 Error    Tape initialization is in progress. Backup job will continue after the initialization has been completed. Drive 1 (Server: DR-S4-VEEAM, Library: IBM 3573-TL 1610, Drive ID: Tape0)
2024-10-24 오후 6:06:16 Error    Tape initialization is in progress. Backup job will continue after the initialization has been completed. Drive 2 (Server: DR-S4-VEEAM, Library: IBM 3573-TL 1610, Drive ID: Tape1)

I redo inventory the 2 failed devices and now I see them as normal.

What I'm curious about is why that error message occurred.

Can someone help me?

Thank you.

Are there errors showing on the tape drives?  I would check there first.

This is an error that occurred when I inventoryed the tape server after the first time. After the error occurred, I redo inventory the two tapes and they were successfully completed.

Hello @Donghwan ,
is it possible that there are ports blocked between the VBR server and the tape server?

BTW: I have similar errors with my tape libraries in one of my environments. These have been running for a long time without problems, after the upgrade to VBR v12.2 the errors started. I am still analyzing what the cause of this is….

This is an error that occurred when I inventoryed the tape server after the first time. After the error occurred, I redo inventory the two tapes and they were successfully completed.

Glad to hear the second time worked. 

Hi @JMeixner, I also want to know the cause. I'm glad you've been working well for a long time. I've been looking for the cause for two days now, but I don't know..

Comment