Skip to main content

Hi,

I’m trying to understand SB mainly the networking side of things. In short I want to be able to ulitise SB as a sandbox to spin up a SQL server, however only spin up the OS of the SQL server - I then want to test attaching the databse to this SQL OS to see how it would perform in a reallife DR scenario.

So I need to ensure that it is fully isolated from the existing environment but then I would like the SB VM to be accessible from an RDP session if possible but then to see network shares so we can attach the DB.

Any ideas if this is possible and could someone maybe give me some information on the following as there really isn’t much learning material out there to understand this:

Hi @lgh,

have a look at the post from @Nico Losschaert : Recap : Surebackup - what, why and how | Veeam Community Resource Hub - this give you a very good overview with SureBackup.

Side note from me: yes, it’s possible to spin up your VMs in a isolated environment. This is reachable from your VBR server by using masqueraded IPs. I would suggest, that you also provide your “isolated” file-server with the shares you want to attach. Please keep in mind, you would also benefit from having your isolated DomainController in the same SB environment, for Authentication, DNS, and so on.

SureBackup is one of the best features within VBR, you will love it 😀

Best, Markus

Hi @lgh -

Along with the post Markus shared, Wesley did one which guides you through the process visually:

Also, do take a look at info provided in the User Guide on how Surebackup works verification tests , application groups , labs, and how to create a job.

Hope these help.

Thx for mentioning my post @Dynamic 

Comment