Sporadic logouts in the Community and R&D forums

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I'm wondering if I'm alone with this, or if it's a widespread problem.

Through the day I often get logged out of the Community or R&D forums, although I select keep logged in or remember me. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all and sometimes it only takes minutes or happens during writing a post. It's not related to a specific browser or device, nor do I delete cookies.

Does anyone here experience the same?

9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I have the same in the R&D Forums.

Best is to copy the text before submitting it. Then you can easily repost it after login in again.

There are others in the forums who are facing this issue too. I have written an email to the forum admin, but never get an answer. If this issue is not resolved until end of march, I will surely check with Veeam if something can be done about it :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

R&D is a lot worse for this than the community hub, community hub never signs me out midposting something, but R&D has plenty of times, so I always copy and paste for that as per what @Mildur said! I find the timeout is a lot worse if I use a private browsing window especially but I believe that’s the fault of the web browser as some are aggressive at clearing down session cookies etc. Some browsers won’t share session details between windows or tabs when using private mode!

Main thing I get with the community hub is I tell it to keep me signed in but I have to sign in again the next day…

Sometimes on my phone I get a customer not specified error when signing in but I believe that must be my Adblock as it doesn’t happen on any other devices…

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@Mildur Yeah I do automatically for every bigger text which I type in a web browser 😁

@MicoolPaul I also suspected some adblock mechanism, but on some devices I don't have any adblocking...

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Never had community sign me out but R&D has for sure and seems more problematic.  Hopefully there is an answer soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

R&D forums have a session timeout. So this seems to be intentional...

At community it depends on the device I am accessing from. With my notebook there are no logouts. But with my cell phone there are very often logouts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I would say it's completely random. Sometimes the session stays active the whole day and sometimes I need to relogin after a few minutes when opening a new tab.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I would say it's completely random. Sometimes the session stays active the whole day and sometimes I need to relogin after a few minutes when opening a new tab.

Ok… interesting. It is relatively consistent for me - timeout/logout after around an hour...

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I got logged out in community hub once a week - which is quite fair. In R&D I stay logged in for a few weeks now :grinning: I also copy text before submit it in a browser, or even better: write the text in tool that automatically saves it every few seconds. after composing, I past the text to send.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Ok… interesting. It is relatively consistent for me - timeout/logout after around an hour...

Same for me with R&D.

Comment