Solved

socket based license for new Veeam v12 server

• 6 October 2023
  • 6 comments

Userlevel 1

hello, can I use socket based licenses (currently in use on a VBR v10 server) for a new VBR v12 server? Or is there some kind of conversion/upgrade process involved?

kind regards,

Wim

icon

Best answer by MicoolPaul 6 October 2023, 09:49

View original

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi,

absolutely you can! If you want to use it between two instances you’ll need to use Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager for centralised license management, but if this is an upgrade/building new, just install the license and you’re good to go!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

The only thnig you have to do is maybe to download a new licence file in v11/12 format. But if you have access to your licence management on veeam.com there is no problem!

Matze

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yep.. As mentioned, you can do this. I still use socket license, and am on v12. And I do believe you have to convert the license to the newer Veeam version. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’m not sure a further license upgrade is necessary I believe the v10 format is still the latest. But if that is the case you need only go to my.veeam.com and download your license in the latest format 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m not sure a further license upgrade is necessary I believe the v10 format is still the latest. But if that is the case you need only go to my.veeam.com and download your license in the latest format 🙂

Indeed @MicoolPaul, I think the format from V10 is still the same 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I’ve done this upgrade a while ago and it went without issue!

Comment