Skip to main content

Please assist with error

Processing  Error: Unhandled exception was thrown during licensing process   

@ervbr -

Need wayyy more detail here. What are you trying to do? What task are you performing?

Thanks for your reply @ coolsport00

Backups on my File shares are failing with this error

Processing Error: Unhandled exception was thrown during licensing process 
I've tested  the credentials on the shares, it seems fine. 

The license in use is a Perpetual , Enterprise plus 

Hi @ervbr -

Ok..so File Share backups use “instances” licensing. As you use Perpetual Ent+...and I assume “socket” licensing?...you have 6 free instances with that. As such, Veeam licenses unstructured data by 1 instance per 500GB. So, if you’re attempting to backup more than 3TB, or even probably right at 3TB, this is probably the reason for the license error. See below:

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/nas_licensing.html?ver=120

You can look further at logs in the following location:

C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup on the Veeam server. You may also wanna contact Veeam to verify.

@ervbr, open a support case for this one please. Unhandled Exception means just that -- normally with programs, you should have a way to handle when there is a problem and either allow the process to continue with limited functionality or return a proper error to the user. 

Unhandled exceptions mean basically something is happening that should not be, and just the top-level error is not enough to tell -- such issues will typically be quite specific to a given installation, so you definitely need a Support case -- while trial and error may get to the solution, there are a lot of bad advices you might stumble upon, so open a Veeam Support case and let them check the full error stack.

Comment