Solved

Restore VM to aws EC2

Userlevel 2

Does anyone have a network diagram of how to restore through a proxy and without, with ports and protocols?

icon

Best answer by Chris.Childerhose 7 September 2022, 15:09

View original

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I myself don’t have a diagram but found this documentation for the process - Restore to Amazon EC2 - User Guide for VMware vSphere (veeam.com)

I imagine if you Google this and then select images you might find something that someone has diagrammed possibly?

Userlevel 2

Yes, I see this document. Thanks.

But it would be good to see a diagram of which protocol and port the recovery is based on, etc. I seem to have found it on the Internet before, but now I can't find it :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Here is the ports used by Veeam just search the page for EC2 - Used Ports - User Guide for VMware vSphere (veeam.com)

Userlevel 2

I saw it too…

If there is a recovery to the cloud without a proxy, then the upload to the bucket s3 is via HTTPS or via 443 TCP? Is it safty to send data thought Internet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I saw it too…

If there is a recovery to the cloud without a proxy, then the upload to the bucket s3 is via HTTPS or via 443 TCP? Is it safty to send data thought Internet?

I think so! However, I usually do this kind of recovery using proxy.

Normally it runs faster.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I saw it too…

Yes cause 443 uses SSL via HTTPS which is secure connection.

Comment