Solved

Reports of Veeam One

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello everybody!

Just some question…

What is the most interesting reports that you consider on your Veeam One environment?

icon

Best answer by Nico Losschaert 13 June 2021, 00:49

View original

9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

A must know is the report about protected/unprotected VMs! You have to know what you do not backup!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The Capacity Planning and Backup Monitoring reports are good. The Backup Infrastructure Audit report is pretty good too.  Oh and Veeam Backup Overview reports.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The VM Change History Report and VM Backup Files History Reports are  great to detect potential ransomwware activity. Kirsten does a great write-up here.

Cheers! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @wolff.mateus , the reports I usually schedule when configuring Veeam ONE at a customer without specific needs : 

• Datastore Performance Assesment
  • Active Snapshots : I find this very useful, we don’t want to have staying snapshots in production environment
  • Infrastructure Overview
  • Orphaned VM Snapshots
  • VM Change Rate Estimation
  • Capacity Planning
  • Capacity Planning for backup repositories
  • Protected VMs, absolutely as @vNote42 already mentioned

Normally I scheduled those reports weekly

regards

Nico

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thank you to all of you! Now I'm looking with attention for each of your recommendations and fitting it to my environments.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thank you to all of you! Now I'm looking with attention for each of your recommendations and fitting it to my environments.

Once you get in to Veeam ONE you will not want to stop as it is so powerful for reporting and alerting. :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I would also add the Restore Operator Activity report is a go-to for me. This is a great log of restores, I automate it to send every day to me via email.

Also be sure to see #VeeamONECOTD on Twitter, I share random tips there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I would also add the Restore Operator Activity report is a go-to for me. This is a great log of restores, I automate it to send every day to me via email.

Also be sure to see #VeeamONECOTD on Twitter, I share random tips there.

I second Rick's #VeeamONECOTD on Twitter. Some good things you can pick up. 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thx @Rick Vanover for the extra report, definitely will test it and will use it ;-)

Comment