Question

RedHat Linux Oracle database restore failed in Veeam explorer

Userlevel 2

we have backed up a Redhat Linux Oracle VM using normal vm backup and enabled application aware processing by providing required credentials. later backup was successfully completed.

but when we start Oracle application based restore, it launches Veeam explorer for Oracle and directly asks for target server connection details for Huesrisitc analysis . As per documentation, after Veeam explorer is launched, we should be able to see and select our backup restore points. in our case it directly asks target server connection details. when i checked in Veeam documentation link given below, this target server details are asked for Hueristic analysis for non-application enabled backups.

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/explorers/nonvss_restore_wizard.html?ver=120

below is the error we get in huerisitc analysis stage after we provide target server credentials, please help to resolve this issue.

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Never worked with Oracle so not much help but did you check the logs here - C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup for further details?

Keep in mind this is not a technical support site and we can only offer what we know.  I would suggest a ticket with support and then a post on the Forums - https://forums.veeam.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Noushad -

I found a couple Forum posts which may help with your issue. It appears the error may be caused due to an older kernel version. See this Forum post for more info. If you use 4.1.12, you need to upgrade it. There was another post for a user with the issue ping’d support, as Chris suggested you should do (and I agree), and they offered a suggestion of adding the proper Oracle group (oinstall group), but seems that may not have worked for the user, but worth a try.

If those suggestions don’t help, recommend opening a case as Chris suggested.

Userlevel 2

Hi @coolsport00 @Chris.Childerhose ,

thank you for the response.

i have opened Case #07198706  and also posted it on Forum

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Ok, keep us posted. 

Userlevel 2

@coolsport00 

if possible , can you please let me know possible reasons for SQL restore failed in Plug-In with VDI error. Backup was successfull.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Noushad -

The Community isn’t actually support. We do try to assist members with questions, but your best resolution is to wait and see what Support suggests to do.

Best.

Userlevel 2

@coolsport00 

sure, thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Keep us posted on your case as I am interested in the answer and results.

Comment