Ransomware 🏴‍☠️: Curse or Blessing?! What do you think?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
  • On the path to Greatness
  • 151 comments

Edwin Explain to Us in this Note: Ransomware 🏴‍☠️ : Curse or Blessing?!

:point_down:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/ransomware-curse-blessing-edwin-weijdema/?trackingId=0DKQO%2FOkDL4tTvwJBriSmw%3D%3D

Would you like to know more about this subject and what you can and should do? Then I would like to invite you to #VeeamON 2021, if you take data security seriously. Save your spot through this link: https://www.veeam.com/veeamon/register

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Interesting article wrote by Edwin.

In my point of view the highlights are:

• My advice would be to anyone that want to give a helping hand to people being hit by ransomware;
  • Be respectful and tactful with the tone and terms you use;
  • Remember it can happen to you also and just think how you would experience it. 

Thanks for sharing thisn @eprieto!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

As a person who has experienced BOTH - my house broken into/robbed; and my org hit with malware (morphed into ransomware), I can say indeed...BE RESPECTFUL, TACTFUL, empathetic, and compassionate. Experiencing either is not necessarily caused by lack of BC/DR expertise, or for housing..lack of security measures. A hacker, or burglar, will find a way if they truly are “gung-ho” about breaking into a home or org. Good share @eprieto .

Cheers!

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Thanks for sharing @eprieto! didn’t realise people even read what I write :-) Thanks for sharing your experience and what are the highlights for you in the article shared @wolff.mateus & @coolsport00 ! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for sharing @eprieto! didn’t realise people even read what I write :-) Thanks for sharing your experience and what are the highlights for you in the article shared @wolff.mateus & @coolsport00 ! 

In my last VeeamOn Miami, I was in several of your talks, I became a fan of you hahaah.Everyone should read this article, thanks for writing it.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @eprieto

Userlevel 2

Great article.

Though different people have their opinions or take on it. For some a Curse, others a Blessing.

It made some people become proactive, others reactive. A few threats and compromises helped other companies learn to always backup and secure their data. 

Comment