Solved

Postgresql for VeeamONE

• 17 January 2024
  • 7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

VBR and VEM using PostgreSQL, however VeeamONE still using MSSQL, I am looking forward to see VeeamONE using PostgreSQL, it will be great to unify the DBs for Veeam infrastructure.

icon

Best answer by MatzeB 17 January 2024, 08:00

View original

7 comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I totally understand and would like to have that too. I think the challenge is that a lot of the functionalities in Veeam ONE are based on SQL Reporting Services. So I wouldn't expect a too quick solution....

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Let's have hope for that in v13!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It'll get there...soon we hope 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Let's have hope for that in v13!

🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

We are migrating to Postgres now with 12.1 so will be nice when VONE and VSPC move to that DB option.  Looking forward to it but not a big deal at the moment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

We are migrating to Postgres now with 12.1 so will be nice when VONE and VSPC move to that DB option.  Looking forward to it but not a big deal at the moment.

I’ll be curious to read your feedback after few weeks, large VBR? Tapes? pgsql for backup db on vbr? Dedicated VM? Linux or windows?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’ll be curious to read your feedback after few weeks, large VBR? Tapes? pgsql for backup db on vbr? Dedicated VM? Linux or windows?

I am setting up Ubuntu 22.04 servers with Postgres 16.  I did a test in my lab and migrated both VEM, VBR and VCC over to the server.  Everything works well and removes the need for SQL which is going to save us money.

Comment