Skip to main content

POLL - Veeam Backup - Fourth Book - YES or NO (Community Feedback)

Hello Community,

I have been thinking a lot lately about a fourth book for my Veeam series that I have already done but this time focusing on the Security aspect of things with all the new enhancements in the 12.1.x and 12.2 releases.

Would there be an appetite or need for a book like this?  I am trying to guage interest from the community to see if the effort is worth it at the moment or do I wait to just do the fourth book when v13 comes out instead like all the other previous ones.

Here are some topics I am thinking of for the book to give you an idea of what I would write about.

Cybersecurity - Inline Malware, Suspicious file activity, Early thread detection
Ransomware Recovery & Response - YARA backup scans, threat tracking, event forwarding to SIEM/Syslog
Security & Compliance - Four-Eyes authorization, KMS Integration, Security & Compliance monitoring (Security & Compliance Analyzer), Veeam Threat Center (VONE)
Veeam AI Assistant
Backup of Object Storage
Veeam CDP Enhancements

Other Enhancements - Backup Engine, Backup data mgmt, Backup Infrastructure (PostgreSQL Scalability, Proxy Multipath Support, Repository Improvements, Object Storage improvements, SOBR improvements, Configuration Backup Immutability option)
New Platform Support - vSphere 8U2/U3 support, vCloud 10.5, Proxmox VE, MongoDB, AlmaLinux 9.3, Rocky 9.3, MS Azure Stack HCI 23H2 (March 2024 build), SharePoint Subscription Edition 24H1

So let me know your thoughts and please vote Yes or No if you would read a book focused on Security for Veeam.

I appreciate all the feedback from this amazing community.  😎

Yes please! It’ll be great to focus on Security side of things!

Any thoughts on the topics I posted or am I missing anything?  Nice to hear you would want to see something like this. 😊

Any thoughts on the topics I posted or am I missing anything?  Nice to hear you would want to see something like this. 😊

Possibly Veeam Hardened Repository too as a topic. Maybe a GitHub companion with some Yara Scripts

Hello Community,

I have been thinking a lot lately about a fourth book for my Veeam series that I have already done but this time focusing on the Security aspect of things with all the new enhancements in the 12.1.x and 12.2 releases.

Would there be an appetite or need for a book like this?  I am trying to guage interest from the community to see if the effort is worth it at the moment or do I wait to just do the fourth book when v13 comes out instead like all the other previous ones.

Here are some topics I am thinking of for the book to give you an idea of what I would write about.

Cybersecurity - Inline Malware, Suspicious file activity, Early thread detection
Ransomware Recovery & Response - YARA backup scans, threat tracking, event forwarding to SIEM/Syslog
Security & Compliance - Four-Eyes authorization, KMS Integration, Security & Compliance monitoring (Security & Compliance Analyzer), Veeam Threat Center (VONE)
Veeam AI Assistant
Backup of Object Storage
Veeam CDP Enhancements

Other Enhancements - Backup Engine, Backup data mgmt, Backup Infrastructure (PostgreSQL Scalability, Proxy Multipath Support, Repository Improvements, Object Storage improvements, SOBR improvements, Configuration Backup Immutability option)
New Platform Support - vSphere 8U2/U3 support, vCloud 10.5, Proxmox VE, MongoDB, AlmaLinux 9.3, Rocky 9.3, MS Azure Stack HCI 23H2 (March 2024 build), SharePoint Subscription Edition 24H1

So let me know your thoughts and please vote Yes or No if you would read a book focused on Security for Veeam.

I appreciate all the feedback from this amazing community.  😎

I totally agree with you on this, it's a great idea at a time when Veeam continues to improve security. If there is anything we can help you with, we are always here. Congratulations on this great idea.

Go for it!

Yes, I think a book based on secure deployment would be worth it. Alternatively a blog series would be great too!

Yes, I think a book based on secure deployment would be worth it. Alternatively a blog series would be great too!

Well the book is my preference here but a blog series may be good too.  We will see as that is a ton of work.  LOL

Well the book is my preference here but a blog series may be good too.  We will see as that is a ton of work.  LOL

I’m a fan of books. Gives me a chance to get away from staring at screens 🙂

I’m a fan of books. Gives me a chance to get away from staring at screens 🙂

Well that is my preference and what this poll is about.  So the blog series may have to wait. 😋

Oh yes, can’t wait for the release. The topics are very well selected. 👍
Maybe you have some time left to cover also notes on the incident API?

Yes from me. Learning more about Yara Scans and other security features should be on everyone's list!

Yes from me. Learning more about Yara Scans and other security features should be on everyone's list!

Thanks.  Yeah seems the overwhelming answer is Yes so I will start to work on an outline hopefully this week.  😎

Comment