This week no top-10 or top-15 or a best practice from me, but a poll this time ;-)
Since object-storage is more and more interesting for putting backups onto, I want to implement object-storage appliances using SOBR capacity tier at our biggest customers and also on our VCC infrastructure. This especially for having an airgapped/immutable copy of the primary backups.
Requirements it must meet, are :
- it has to be IMMUTABLE object-strorage, so implementing the object-lock functionality
- it needs to be VEEAM READY (must be on the list Veeam Alliance Partner Technical Programs)
- it has to be an appliance (so no need to use Linux CLI, but just a user-friendly web-interface, an all-in-one box, all included)
- easy scalable
I think on Cloudian, Nutanix and Quantum object storage appliances.
What is your personal expericence with those and others regarding :
- easy scalable - modular?
- what is the minimum setup? number of appliances?
- what is the minimum storage?
- experience with support cases?
- advantages - disadvantages?
- Possible to use as object-storage for immutable SOBR capacity tier in combination with object-storage for VBO365 ?
- what is included - exluded in the price?
Thx for you feedback!