Solved

Please add Blob storage container backup to VEEAM for azure or VEEAM 12

Hi,

we are moving a lot of environments to Azure cloud and we already have 150 Blob storage containers configured to make the backups using Azure Backup. The problem is that they offer only 300 days of retention policy and i need more time for LTR and granular backups (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly) for compliance and governance purposes. As we are studying to move the backup workloads to VAB and VBR at azure, but we felt that this feature for blob storage container its missing in the VEEAM tools for Azure.

This amount of blob storage container it is just the begining, because aplications moved to Azure will use their individual storage account, instead of using a centralized file server to persistent data.

Thanks a lot and hope you guys help us with this request.

icon

Best answer by Mildur 7 October 2022, 07:09

View original

2 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Rafael Tosadore 

This is not the right place for a feature request. If you have a request, please visit the RnD Forum where we from the product management are discussing them with customers and partners.

For this specific request, you can use this topic:

https://forums.veeam.com/post464721.html?hilit=object%20storage%20backup#p464721

I can say for sure, V12 will not have this feature. Anything else, please discuss it in the right place.

Thank you very much

Fabian

Thanks for the answer,

sorry, i didn´t know about this another place for feature request. It was told me that the new features are being added to the veeam solutions by the amount of requests in the forum.

Nevertheless, thanks for directing me to the right place.

Again, thanks and sorry the confusion.

Comment