OLVM - Yet another hypervisor supported by Veeam

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Anton Gostev annunced support for OLVM here 

Great news! 

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That is definitely interesting and giving users that are abandoning VMware another option now.  Nice to see Veeam adding another hypervisor to the list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Nice! Wonder how far away Proxmox is? 🤔

Thanks for sharing @Andanet 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

That is definitely interesting and giving users that are abandoning VMware another option now.  Nice to see Veeam adding another hypervisor to the list.

Veeam are looking for testers for Proxmox from what I read in the dedicated forum.

A first Anton reply was: 

Proxmox is too SMB for us. We prefer to invest in platforms which are enterprise-worthy... (Nov 30, 2022)

After Vmware acquisition by Broadcom Anton wrote:

We're researching and doing some prototyping around Proxmox to see what's possible there as far as backup goes…. (Jan 11, 2024)

And last reply about Proxmox was 

No additional official info at this point, however the results of our research and prototyping efforts are promising… (Mar 12, 2024)

Today Anton posts:

So Veeam has received our own VMware renewal quotes which are... impressive, so I guess we're officially in the same boat with ya'll now :D
And judging by the fact that our IT folks have suddenly come to us with many questions about Proxmox, it is also being evaluated
. (Apr 02, 2024) 

So I sit on the couch, opening my popcorn and waiting next hypervisor support 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yeah...all the info is from the “VMware Broadcom Debacle” forum post, which I’ve been following for quite some time. It’s a great post to follow. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Nice to see they are evaluating Proxmox now and wanting testers.

Comment