Office 365 backup Teams vs. backup mailboxes

• 11 December 2020
  • 9 comments

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have configured a backup job on all Teams and on first run, i am alerted the mailbox is already being protected by another job.

11-12-2020 11:04:59 :: Processing mailbox XXX completed with warning: Mailbox is already processed by another job

This is correct, as i have a backup job doing backup of all mailboxes every 4 hours. What is best pracgtice? To do complete Teams backup including the mailbox in one job, and on another job do all my mailboxes and exclude the Teams mailboxes?

As of now where i have the Teams mailbox backup done by another job, how would a Team site restore be done? 

Regards

Robert

9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello,

Do not use the Back up the entier organization:

Just use the Add, then Organization, and then filter to what you want to protect on the job, imagine, just Exchange, or OneDrive, etc:

Userlevel 1

Hi,

That is also what i do. I have a job doing backup of All mail boxes, a job doing backup of my SharePoint, a job doing onedrives and now this new job backing Up all team sites.

When the team backup runs, I get this Warming.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Umh, let’s see if @Niels Engelen can let us know any best practice, bear with us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

For my own curiosity; why do you create separate backup jobs for teams, mailboxes, etc?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

For my own curiosity; why do you create separate backup jobs for teams, mailboxes, etc?

If you’re hosting O365 backup on-prem you may well have bandwidth restrictions that make you prioritise different RPOs for different services and this would be a tidy and simple way of controlling this. That’s been a key driver with some of my clients.

Userlevel 1

As MicoolPaul writes it´s one way to control

a. bandwidth

1. repositoris with different retensions
  2. RPO

I found out, when I´m getting this warning:

11-12-2020 19:04:13 :: Processing mailbox X completed with warning: Mailbox X is already processed by another job

It´s when both the mailbox backup runs at the same time the Teams backup is running and  both jobs hits the same mailbox at the same time - then we are getting this alert. So the warning is correct but somewhat anoying. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

As MicoolPaul writes it´s one way to control

a. bandwidth

1. repositoris with different retensions
  2. RPO

I found out, when I´m getting this warning:

11-12-2020 19:04:13 :: Processing mailbox X completed with warning: Mailbox X is already processed by another job

It´s when both the mailbox backup runs at the same time the Teams backup is running and  both jobs hits the same mailbox at the same time - then we are getting this alert. So the warning is correct but somewhat anoying. 

It’s good you’ve elaborated these jobs are running concurrently. If this behaviour is intentional (and it sounds like it is) would be good to have a registry key to suppress this.

Hi All,

Any chance has someone get around this issue of “processed by another job”?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Have you installed the latest patch for VBO365? The patch from KB4124 should/could have solved the issue:https://www.veeam.com/kb4124

Comment