Solved

new immutable installable ISO release date?

• 9 January 2024
  • 6 comments

Userlevel 1

Does anyone know when is the new immutable installable ISO release date? I’m currently waiting for it to deploy our new VHR.

icon

Best answer by coolsport00 9 January 2024, 17:33

View original

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No date has been given yet on when it’ll be updated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

There is no timeframe right now.  @HannesK can give an update if there is one but you will need to wait until it is ready.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This was asked a few wks ago:

Userlevel 1

Thanks all! It would be nice if there is an approximate date. So I can decide to wait for the ISO or work on myself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yeah...understandable. 

It doesn’t take too awful long to get a manual hardened repo set up...well, once you’ve done it a few times and have a process set up (I documented it myself). What Veeam does additionally for the ISO, which is pretty neat, is they institute those NIST rules for the Linux server to really harden it. When I set it up manually, I don’t get all those configured.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thanks all! It would be nice if there is an approximate date. So I can decide to wait for the ISO or work on myself.

If you ever built Ubuntu / Debian ISOs before, then I would suggest to do it yourself and just add the DISA STIG hardening scripts https://github.com/VeeamHub/veeam-hardened-repository (I built ISOs 12 years ago myself and remember it’s not that complicated. My colleague who built this one told me that it works still more or less the same)

I guess a few things in the script need to be adjusted for Ubuntu 22.04, but most of the things should just work.

Comment