Solved

Logs for VM backup completed with warnings

• 20 December 2023
  • 6 comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Where do I see the warning logs? There are no errors but need correct warning messages.

icon

Best answer by coolsport00 21 December 2023, 21:53

View original

6 comments

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

By clicking on the details of the VM in VBR you can see specific warnings about that VM. Otherwise the logfiles of the jobs are available in their standard location: c:\programdata\veeam\backup\ there you’ll find a directory with the name of the job.

In this directory you’ll find the detailed logs about that job and also errors / warnings if present.

Most interesting will be the log file starting with the name Job.xxxxx

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You can look at logs for backups in: C;\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@coolsport00 ,

@kristofpoppe

Thank you for the quick response. Are the logfiles located in the root of C;\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup ? I found warning message error in warning of the backup job. Also wanted to track them in log file But did not find the error in Svc.VeeamBackup, but it had backup logs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes. You should see a folder with the name of your backup job. Then in it you should see a job log file. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sorry...was away while posting previously. So, in addition to what I shared above, in C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup\<Job-Name-folder>, you should then see a log file named something like “Job.<Job-Name>.Backup.log”. Look in there for errors/warnings pertaining to a given Backup job. Hope that helps.

Userlevel 1

I am having the same issue with the job completing with errors. When I navigate to C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup\ there is no folder with the name of my back up job. I find C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup\BackupSearch. There is only a .dll file there called VeeamSearchDll.log. 

Comment