Let's dedicate July to all SysAdmins out there!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

📢System Administrator Appreciation Day , celebrated on last Friday of July, is a time to recognize and appreciate the hard work and expertise of system administrators. It's a day to express gratitude for their tireless efforts in maintaining our digital infrastructure and ensuring the security of our systems.

During this special occasion, organizations and colleagues unite to honor their system administrators with gratitude and admiration. Special events and awards are organized by companies to acknowledge the invaluable contributions of these SysAdmin "heroes’’.🏆

To make this year memorable for our Veeam Community, we have planned some exciting surprises and activities for all our members!

In July, our Blog of the Month activity is dedicated to all Sys Admins out there! If you have an interesting story to share with our Veeam Community about a time when you saved the day or, on the contrary, faced a challenge but can offer valuable tips and tricks for others to learn from your experience, we invite you to share that story!✍🏽

On the 24th of July, we will select the top six stories and create a poll. The community will have the opportunity to vote for the best article, and the winner will receive a special badge created for SysAdmin Day, along with the Blogger of the Month Badge and a $150 voucher!

🎬Furthermore, on July 28th, @Rick Vanover , myself, and two members of our community (surprise!) will be going live to discuss the most captivating stories from the poll and to announce the winner.

Moreover, @safiya  and I are collaborating on an incredibly engaging game that you definitely don't want to miss out on! A special thanks goes out to @vmJoe , @coolsport00 , and @Rick Vanover  for their valuable assistance with this project!🤝

Please note that Veeam employees are not eligible to participate in the Blog of the Month activity.

Let us know if you have any questions! 🐱

17 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Sounds like this is going to be a great month for the community and let's hope we get lots of stories.  I have a few myself and will post next week after my vacation.

I assume we create a separate blog post from this one. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Sounds like this is going to be a great month for the community and let's hope we get lots of stories.  I have a few myself and will post next week after my vacation.

I assume we create a separate blog post from this one. 😁

Glad you liked the idea, Chris :) 

Yes, it would be a separate topic, you are right . A blog or a longer post should do. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Looking forward to this! I have a story I could share..I guess...a mess-up I had, but then ended up ‘saving the day’ to correct my mess-up….but, it would be embarrassing 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Looking forward to this! I have a story I could share..I guess...a mess-up I had, but then ended up ‘saving the day’ to correct my mess-up….but, it would be embarrassing 😂

Just go for it :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I don’t know...we’ll see. Like Chris, I’m going on vacay Wed-Mon so I’ll ponder on it a bit 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

So any Sys Admin Story will do? Or does it have to be linked to Veeam?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Looking forward to this one. There are going to be some really interesting stories for sure. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I think it can be any not Veeam specific.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Any story- if it's Veeam , even better 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I went with a Veeam one. I have a few stories from the last few years where I have saved the day with Veeam.   And pretty much every day I am saving some ones day that deleted something by accident :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I went with a Veeam one. I have a few stories from the last few years where I have saved the day with Veeam.   And pretty much every day I am saving some ones day that deleted something by accident :) 

Nice job, @Scott !😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

This is a great initiative, thanks for this,

I will try to put together / improve the Horror Story I shared with y’all some months ago, 
since that day, I haven't been through any other “big” issue for me, 
for the users, yes! definitely! but just some excels and ppt recoveries and a few ransom false positives.

cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

This is a great initiative, thanks for this,

I will try to put together / improve the Horror Story I shared with y’all some months ago, 
since that day, I haven't been through any other “big” issue for me, 
for the users, yes! definitely! but just some excels and ppt recoveries and a few ransom false positives.

cheers!

Looking forward to read that '’improved'’ version, @HunterLAFR !😊

Userlevel 2

Nice idea! It will be interesting to read funny stories under a beer on July 28, hopefully that will be my day off. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Nice idea! It will be interesting to read funny stories under a beer on July 28, hopefully that will be my day off. 

First of all , welcome to Veeam Community , @Denis 85 ! :) And yes, hopefully you will be joining us for our livestream as well! 

Share with us a story, if you have one! I am sure our community will appreciate it :) 

Userlevel 2

First of all , welcome to Veeam Community , @Denis 85 ! :) And yes, hopefully you will be joining us for our livestream as well! 

Share with us a story, if you have one! I am sure our community will appreciate it :) 

Thanks. Madi! I'll try to remember something creepy) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

So nice! 

I will participate! 

Comment