Solved

Issues trying to restore AD object

• 15 August 2023
  • 3 comments

Userlevel 1

I’m working on a server that someone else setup, so I don’t know much on it’s config sorry, but it’s Veeam backup & replication 12.

I’m trying to restore an ad object, so i’ve found our AD server in the backup list, went to Application items and chose active directory.

When it brings up our AD, I can find the deleted user, and when I choose to restore objects it asks for credentials to connect to: ad.mydomain.com.au

I’ve tried all my credentials including the domain admin one, and it just keeps erroring with the message: The supplied credential is invalid.

I’ve tried with just the username, with domain/username, with username@domain and it always shows credential is invalid.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Chris.Childerhose 15 August 2023, 03:26

View original

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If you look at this page step 2 it shows entering the credentials - Restoring Objects - Veeam Backup Explorers Guide

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Zanthius - Chris provided the info on the restore. It appears you're using the correct account, but possibly incorrect syntax? Try your username as:

Domain\user  instead of Domain/user

Userlevel 1

Thank you very much for your help.  Seems I also needed to specify the server instead of the autodetected ad.domain.com.au which came up automatically.  When I put in PDC.ad.domain.com.au as the server, it took ages but connected and continued with the restore.

Thanks again!

Comment