Question

(ID: df0ee189-6536-44d4-9bab-347e770cffca) recovery checkpoint. Job failed (''). Error code: '32768'.

Userlevel 4

Hello everyone!
Thanks in advance , I have similar error about four weeks for this VM  now. most of the time  of the time backup jobs  are showing this error for several backup jobs. the error is this one:

6/11/2023 11:47:56 PM :: Failed to create VM recovery checkpoint (mode: Veeam application-aware processing) Details: Failed to create VM (ID: df0ee189-6536-44d4-9bab-347e770cffca) recovery checkpoint. Job failed (''). Error code: '32768'.  

6/09/2023 11:47:56 PM Failed to create VM recovery checkpoint (mode: Veeam application-aware processing) Details: Failed to create VM (ID: df0ee189-6536-44d4-9bab-347e770cffca) recovery checkpoint. Job failed (''). Error code: '32768'.
Retrying snapshot creation attempt (Failed to create production checkpoint.)
Queued for processing at 09.06.2023 23:49:07
Task has been rescheduled

but on 06/10/2023 it show other backup job error: below

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>»
Failed to pre-process the job Error: Failed to call RPC function 'FcCreateDir': The system cannot find the path specified. CreateDirectory(K:) function call failed. Cannot create folder. Folder path: [K:]. Cannot create folder. Folder path: [K:RDS04].
[...Backup] Failed to create directory 'K:RDS04' Error: Failed to call RPC function 'FcCreateDir': The system cannot find the path specified. CreateDirectory(K:) function call failed. Cannot create folder. Folder path: [K:]. Cannot create folder. Folder path: [K:RDS04].
Error: Failed to call RPC function 'FcCreateDir': The system cannot find the path specified. CreateDirectory(K:) function call failed. Cannot create folder. Folder path: [K:]. Cannot create folder. Folder path: [K:RDS04].
>>>>>>>>>>>»
I have posted bellow the error message table from backup job for two night, please check below in case you get some understanding about error messages
I hope i will find some suggestion,
Thanks!

15 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Seems the job can’t create the checkpoint (snapshot) on the hypervisor level. First troubleshooting step would be to try creating one manually - if that doesn’t work you will need to resolve the issue before Veeam can create them. If it works, then I would recommend opening up a Veeam support case.

Can you also try disabling application-aware processing? If it then works, you know the issue is inside the virtual machine.

Userlevel 4

@haslund Yes I tried to create the checkpoint manually but show error, I will try disabling application-aware processing and other option like opening support case at Veeam , Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Interesting. Maybe check if there are any existing checkpoints? If there are and you don’t need them, it would most likely resolve the issue to remove those existing checkpoints.

It could also be that the Windows Event log has some clues to the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Since manually creating fails, it’s not a Veeam problem and therefore Veeam support will be best endeavours. It’s failing to create at K:RDS04 (I notice it doesn’t say K:\RDS04 which could be the invalid path issue), I would check that this path exists on your Hyper-V host and that Hyper-V has appropriate access permissions.

Userlevel 4

@haslund Thanks for your suggestion all time!
it show that the selected VM has no checkpoints . I have check also errolog in event viewer on VM itself, it does not show any error related to this checkpoints.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Maybe check if Hyper-V Integration Services is running, including the vmicvss service.

Userlevel 4

@haslund I checked with this command from  hostmachine powershell using the VM name . it show me this result it show the following result and I am not sure about result is this indicate the Hyper-V Integration Services is not running

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Let’s try manually enabling the Guest Service Interface and then retry the job to see if it solves the issue.

Userlevel 4

@MicoolPaul Hi Paul, thanks for comment, the folder K:\RDS04 exist and with proper access right for the for Veeam backup system administrator. this could not be an issue although the error indicate that.

@haslund I tried manually starting but immediately it stop,  I will try this evening after all user logout, since Automatically starting the service  might need  restarting the server. Thanks :)
I will comeback with result tomorrow if it work or not for further help. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @mohammed Kamy Kommunikasjon i meant Hyper-V having permissions to create the checkpoint in there itself, since manually creating checkpoints doesn’t work either

Userlevel 4

@MicoolPaul thanks I will check that too

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I don’t have a lot of Hyper-V and I’m very much a VMware guy, so when I run into too much issue with Hyper-V, I tend to deploy the Veeam agent to the VM’s rather than running VM-level backups.  That said, I also try and get folks over to VMware and off of Hyper-V, but that’s beyond the point here.

I have the same problem and as I show the problem is not with Veaam but with Hyper-V. 

The problem is that cant make snapshot on the Hyper-V. 
I make some research i found that charging some setting on Hyper-V VM settings. 

On the VM Settings on Integration Service make the following change deselect Backup (volume shadow copy) and select Guest Services

I have the same problem and as I show the problem is not with Veaam but with Hyper-V. 

The problem is that cant make snapshot on the Hyper-V. 
I make some research i found that charging some setting on Hyper-V VM settings. 

On the VM Settings on Integration Service make the following change deselect Backup (volume shadow copy) and select Guest Services

After this solution I can proceed with snapshot but I have an other error. 

04/01/2024 15:02:32 :: Unable to subscribe to guest processing components: Cannot do HvPrepareSnapshot. Error: Failed to inject VSS plug-in.
PID is NULL. Failed to inject VSS plug-in.
PID is NULL. 

any idea for this problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @mohammed Kamy Kommunikasjon -

I’m just following up on your post here. Were you able to resolve the snapshot/guest services error you were receiving? Did any of the provided comments help, or did you receive Veeam support to assist? Can you mark a ‘Best Answer’ if one of the comments helped, or provide a comment on what Support did to help you and mark it as ‘Best’? 

@Andi Kovaci - it would be best for you to contact Veeam Support to help you with your error.

Thank you.

Comment