Badge +13

Just read the news and thought it would be interesting in the community: 

HPE to acquire cloud disaster recovery startup Zerto

What do you think about it?

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Zerto seems to be quite interesting.

It's focus is more on the replication side,  but it supports backups, too.

I don't know in the moment if it is positive or negative when it is aquired by HPE… 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

It will be interesting to see the direction now Zerto goes. We sell it to our clients and just updated to v8.5. It does work well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I have never seen anything from Zerto so far; so their worth is quite surprising to me. HPE already have some backup solutions in their portfolio so it will be interesting to see how they'll integrate it. As long as this doesn't affect the partnership with Veeam I wouldn't care much about it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@regnor 100% hope it doesn’t impact the Veeam partnership, I’ve seen this too much with Dell, when I speak to them about sizing Veeam architecture they suddenly go a bit shy as they have their own backup products...

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

It worries me when HPE acquire a business, I’ve been a long term fan of Nimble, then when HPE acquired them they quite aggressively tried to integrate all their platforms and suddenly we had issues such as being able to get a test unit shipped to site, but no way of getting the unit registered to Infosight for the customer to actually fully test the device. They worked hard on the integrations but boy did they break a lot in the process and it took a few months to get order processing back to normal.

Hopefully as this is software they won’t be so disruptive.

As for Veeam’s partnerships, HPE haven’t done anything new with their storage for a while whilst we see others such as Pure offering innovations such as “SafeMode”. Pains me to say but it’s true, whilst HPE were the pioneering partner with Veeam for storage snapshots etc, what have they been doing all this time?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

It worries me when HPE acquire a business, I’ve been a long term fan of Nimble, then when HPE acquired them they quite aggressively tried to integrate all their platforms and suddenly we had issues such as being able to get a test unit shipped to site, but no way of getting the unit registered to Infosight for the customer to actually fully test the device. They worked hard on the integrations but boy did they break a lot in the process and it took a few months to get order processing back to normal.

Hopefully as this is software they won’t be so disruptive.

As for Veeam’s partnerships, HPE haven’t done anything new with their storage for a while whilst we see others such as Pure offering innovations such as “SafeMode”. Pains me to say but it’s true, whilst HPE were the pioneering partner with Veeam for storage snapshots etc, what have they been doing all this time?

Absolutely agree with this especially the Nimble aspect.

Comment