Skip to main content
Solved

How to update the community version.

When I went to download the updater for Veeam I get redirected to a page that ask to upgrade my profile and requires a business email which I do not have. I am running the community version. 

12 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Go to this site and select the Free/Community Tab to get the CE version - Veeam Software Downloads | Veeam

Userlevel 1

So, I have to download and install the entire software for each update? No updater access? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

So, I have to download and install the entire software for each update? No updater access? 

The updater is stored where you need to log in to the site but if you have a login you can get it.  If not create a login to make things easier for downloads.  😉

Userlevel 1

I have a login to Veeam and I go to this KB4510: Release Information for Veeam Backup & Replication 12.1 and Updates to grab the update but when I click the link to download latest 12.1 update I am redirected to this Veeam Software for Enterprise. I am confused.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I have a login to Veeam and I go to this KB4510: Release Information for Veeam Backup & Replication 12.1 and Updates to grab the update but when I click the link to download latest 12.1 update I am redirected to this Veeam Software for Enterprise. I am confused.

Click the Free/Community tab and you should be able to download things.  The Updater probably is meant for Enteprise.

Just so you know even if you download the latest ISO for CE edition it will still upgrade it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Please check the Support policy, currently section 4.3:

Access to hot fixes, patches and updates requires an active maintenance contract for at least one deployment of the corresponding product. Users without an active maintenance contract receive fixes by downloading periodic generally available product releases.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Access to hot fixes, patches and updates requires an active maintenance contract for at least one deployment of the corresponding product. Users without an active maintenance contract receive fixes by downloading periodic generally available product releases.

Ah there you go.  Rasmus to the rescue.  LOL

Userlevel 1

Quite the shame, no love for the CE version. Thanks all for the responses. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

CE does get a lot of love overall, even with best-effort support, but I wasn’t aware of the restriction to hotfixes, etc.  That said, I can see why some of these items would be restricted as well to paid support agreements.

Userlevel 1

I wasn’t putting down the support that Veeam give to the community version, I love Veeam and have used it for over 10 years. I would just rather download a 2-3Gb file than a 9GB. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I wasn’t putting down the support that Veeam give to the community version, I love Veeam and have used it for over 10 years. I would just rather download a 2-3Gb file than a 9GB. 

Oye...I do hear that one!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I actually wasn’t aware of this. Good share Rasmus!

Comment