Solved

How to make backup in 2 servers

• 1 February 2021
  • 4 comments

Userlevel 3

Hello, I have a question.
I have a scenario with a server, it has Veeam Backup Community installed and makes copies locally.
I would like to add an external copy on a server that is now deprecated, and I would like to use for copies.
I have tried to get Veeam Backup Agent for Windows to be recognized on both servers, but it is only recognized by one, the one doing the installation.
Is it possible to make copies of the same server from two Veeam Backup servers?
Thank you all.

icon

Best answer by JMeixner 1 February 2021, 13:22

View original

4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I have a scenario with a server, it has Veeam Backup Community installed and makes copies locally.
I would like to add an external copy on a server that is now deprecated, and I would like to use for copies.
I have tried to get Veeam Backup Agent for Windows to be recognized on both servers, but it is only recognized by one, the one doing the installation.
Thank you all.

Hey! Welcome to the forums.

Are you using Veeam Backup & Replication or just the Veeam Backup Agent for Windows?

If you’re using Veeam Backup & Replication you can send a second copy elsewhere using a backup copy job. If you’re using the Veeam Agent for Windows you can create a second job with a second target and send your data that way.

Hope this helps and if not if you can elaborate further please :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @F.Garcia 

I think when you are using the VBR Community Edition you will have unlicensed VEEAM Agents, too.

So you can have one job per agent only…

Therefore a backup copy job will be the suitable solution to get the data to the other server.

Userlevel 3

Thank you very much, this would explain the problem.

Greetings.

Hi @F.Garcia 

I think when you are using the VBR Community Edition you will have unlicensed VEEAM Agents, too.

So you can have one job per agent only…

Therefore a backup copy job will be the suitable solution to get the data to the other server.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thank you all.

Hey! Welcome to the forums.

Are you using Veeam Backup & Replication or just the Veeam Backup Agent for Windows?

If you’re using Veeam Backup & Replication you can send a second copy elsewhere using a backup copy job. If you’re using the Veeam Agent for Windows you can create a second job with a second target and send your data that way.

Hope this helps and if not if you can elaborate further please :)

How @MicoolPaul says, you can use a backup copy job to that function.

You can easyli add Linux repository for example… After that  you can create a backup copy jop, to copy your backup of primary respository to this second one.

On #Veeam11 we are gonna have immutability on Linux respositories too. So you can growth security on your backups too.

Comment