Skip to main content

Hi folks, I have an interesting one.  I have a client whose 12.2 upgrade experienced issues and the server had to be rebuilt.  That said, the encryption password kept on file for whatever reason doesn’t match what was used in production.  I have reattached to the local and VCC repo that the client was using.  When the restore points are showing as Encrypted in the console, I don’t see an option to delete the datat.  For the local repo, I was able to just delete the data directly from the repo and rescan, but I don’t see an option to do the same on the VCC repo.  If I CTRL-Right click the job name in the Backups, I have an option to Remove from Configuration or Decrypt Backup.  Anyone have a suggestion on how to delete the restore points from the VCC repo aside from having support do it on the back-end (it’s an Iland/11:11 Systems VCC)?  I guess I can see an argument for not allowing locked restore points from being deleted in the console, but wanted to make sure there may not be another route such as via the PowerShell, etc.

Be the first to comment!

Comment