Question

Hard disk "incorrect function"

• 14 February 2023
  • 8 comments

Userlevel 1

Friends,

I have a backup scheduled to automatically run daily to a network shared folder on a windows 2019 server, which I access through a share as the local admin of that server.
After executing this backup, the hd where this folder is located becomes available, showing the error stating that the folder is not accessible with the warning of "incorrect function".
That server is a virtual machine and runs on hyper-v.
This hd that is unavailable is mounted on this virtual machine (hyper-v).
For me to solve this problem I need to turn off the virtual machine and also the host, when it starts it goes back to normal.
Thanks,

JJ

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Do you have some screenshots, error messages and logs for us? It's a little bit difficult to say anything with your description.

Userlevel 1

Sorry for my lack of a better description.
I don't have the auditorium log, for some reason it didn't save in the folder, I believe the service “Veeam installer service” didn't start.
But I send the job error screens and also the error that happens on the server.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The error message says “Error: Job aborted due to server termination.”

Any chance that either the host you are backing up or the hyper-v host has been shuttibg down during backup? Or became unavailable because of ressource exhaustion?

Userlevel 1

I monitored both the hyper-V host machine and the server and no resource exhaustion occurred. In fact it has its usage at standard levels.
What happens is that the disk acts as if it were turned off.
When I run the job manually, the backup is done normally.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Mhh, I cannot imagine a reason why the job manually executed works and scheduled executed does not work.

Please open a support case with Veeam. You may open one even if you have a free community license only.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

hi, not too much experience here with Hyper-v, but

where is the Veeam B&R Server Installed? is it in the Hyper-v Host?

Just curiosity, why are you backing up the share, instead of the VM with the virtual disk?

cheers-

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the answers.
I will check the opening of a ticket.
Veeam is installed on a physical machine with windows server 2019.
This Veeam makes a copy of a shared folder in a virtual machine also with windows server 2019.
I use it to copy files that are being stored in a folder.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for the answers.
I will check the opening of a ticket.
Veeam is installed on a physical machine with windows server 2019.
This Veeam makes a copy of a shared folder in a virtual machine also with windows server 2019.
I use it to copy files that are being stored in a folder.

Any time!
I do believe the best approach now is to contact support, 
Please come back to us with the answer provided by them, 
The final idea of the community is sharing and learning, and we love to learn form this topics,
the best knowledge base for all Veeam topics!

cheers-.

Comment