Skip to main content

Future Support for Backing Up Azure Arc Enabled SQL Managed Instances with Veeam?

Hello Veeam Community,

I hope this message finds you well.

I'm reaching out to inquire about the possibility of using Veeam to protect Azure Arc enabled SQL Managed Instances (SQL MIs) on Azure Stack HCI. Currently, it's my understanding that Veeam does not support this functionality. It support only Azure SQL MI.

Looking ahead, I'm eager to learn more about the potential for future Veeam support for backing up Azure Arc SQL MIs. Specifically, I have the following questions:

Is there a roadmap or timeline outlining potential support for this feature?

Are there any ongoing discussions or plans within Veeam for integrating Azure Arc SQL MI backup capabilities?

Can you provide any insights or information regarding Veeam's future plans in this area?

Any assistance or clarification on these points would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hello @asharma15 ,

Veeam Community is User driven, we don’t have insights in Veeams plans to support additional products.

You could post your question in Veeam forums (forums.veeam.com). Veeam product management will read your inquiry and will probably answer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You can also join the online VeeamON for this week to see announcements as well if there are any plans to support this.

https://www.veeam.com/veeamon

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You can also join the online VeeamON for this week to see announcements as well if there are any plans to support this.

https://www.veeam.com/veeamon

Great callout...I’d expect to see at least a few announcements during the general keynotes.  And apparently 10 product demo’s between the two sessions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@Madi.Cristil @safiya - can we convert this to a discussion post as there is not definitive answer for when Veeam will support this so we will never get a good answer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Interesting as this has come up a lot recently.  I don’t have a roadmap item to share here at this time @asharma15 → But that doesn’t mean we’re not scoping this.

Comment