Further details abaout ObjectFirst hardware

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Blocks and Files published some details about the ObjectFirst hardware.

See yourself:
https://blocksandfiles.com/2022/08/26/objectfirst-backup-storage-target-box-details/

11 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Very interesting as that outlines more details.Ā  Nice to see this coming and might see if I can get our company onboard for using this possibly.Ā šŸ˜Ž

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Very interesting as that outlines more details.Ā  Nice to see this coming and might see if I can get our company onboard for using this possibly.Ā šŸ˜Ž

Yeah, perhaps there is a early bird program for Veeamers šŸ˜‰

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Would love to PoC one at home.Ā šŸ˜‹šŸ¤£

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Would love to PoC one at home.Ā šŸ˜‹šŸ¤£

šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ‘šŸ¼ +10 šŸ˜Ž

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Blocks and Files published some details about the ObjectFirst hardware.

See yourself:
https://blocksandfiles.com/2022/08/26/objectfirst-backup-storage-target-box-details/

Thx for sharing @JMeixnerĀ , nice details and probably affordableĀ šŸ¤ž

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for sharing @JMeixner, glad thereā€™s a write up as I wasnā€™t sure what was under NDA.

Ā 

If youā€™re interested I strongly suggest checking out a webinar with them and then having a follow up chat, the tech is looking great and well designed. There are a few options available for trial/PoC devices too if youā€™re intending to partner with them based on conversations Iā€™ve had.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thanks for sharingĀ @JMeixner, glad thereā€™s a write up as I wasnā€™t sure what was under NDA.

Ā 

If youā€™re interested I strongly suggest checking out a webinar with them and then having a follow up chat, the tech is looking great and well designed. There are a few options available for trial/PoC devices too if youā€™re intending to partner with them based on conversations Iā€™ve had.

Interesting insights, thank you @MicoolPaulĀ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for sharingĀ @JMeixner, glad thereā€™s a write up as I wasnā€™t sure what was under NDA.

Ā 

Hmm might be time to contact them about partnering possibly.Ā šŸ˜

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I didnā€™t see this blog post, so thank you very much for sharingĀ @JMeixner! The hardware+software doesnā€™t look complex at all, so I canā€™t wait to see how they perform in real life.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@regnorĀ theres a couple of comments I made on a call to them which Iā€™ll echo here.

Ā 

Compared to products such as Cloudian, the data redundancy options are more limited here. As opposed to the storage policies you can create in Cloudian, your data redundancy is the RAID 6 mentioned in hardware. At present, the loss of a node means that your object storage is unavailable, as they do no replicate data between nodes, hence you can start from just a single node in Object First.

Ā 

I hope to see a future trade off of capacity for device redundancy!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

As far as I have understood them, the cluster options are planned to be improved and increased. So, I think the data redundancy will be improved, too.

Comment