Fun Friday: What was the first version of Veeam you used?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Time for everyone to show their age :grinning: what version of Veeam did you first use?

Bonus points if you remember the version of the first hypervisor you used it with!

37 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Well this fall is Veeam’s 15th anniversary….

I think something special is coming :sweat_smile::wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Well this fall is Veeam’s 15th anniversary….

So you may skip v12, v13 (could be questionable anyway :laughing: ) and v14? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I always say that the UI doesn't change that much over the years, but if I look at v5 then there are big differences compared to today.

Does anyone still have one of the first releases? Perhaps @Rick Vanover ?

Oh do I have a library…  I believe I still can get access to version 1 or such. 

My home library I think goes back to v4. Internally here we have it all. 

I would love to check out version 1 and see how it all started. Any chance that you could share it with us?😃

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I always say that the UI doesn't change that much over the years, but if I look at v5 then there are big differences compared to today.

I would love to check out version 1 and see how it all started. Any chance that you could share it with us?😃

With v1, Veeam was in a hard competition with Vizioncore - if someone can remember?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Used Veeam for the first time on Hyperv 2008 R2/2012R2, I don't remember the correct version I think 6.0

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Rick Vanover : perhaps it is possible for you and your team to show a demo how everything started 15 years ago with version 1 and how we come to version 11 (12 ?) with per version the biggest improvements/changes :wink: , especially with screen-shots or a real live demo would be awesome :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Rick Vanover : perhaps it is possible for you and your team to show a demo how everything started 15 years ago with version 1 and how we come to version 11 (12 ?) with per version the biggest improvements/changes :wink: , especially with screen-shots or a real live demo would be awesome :sweat_smile:

We’ll see Nico :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

We’ll see Nico :)

This would be a real nice show 😎👍🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

With v1, Veeam was in a hard competition with Vizioncore - if someone can remember?

I know the name, but that's all 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Veeam V7 and Vsphere 5.0 :nerd:

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

9 version is it ok? :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

9 version is it ok? :joy:

Every version is more than okay! 😁

Comment