Fun Friday #47: Your favourite piece of community content so far

• 16 September 2022
  • 8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Happy Friday everyone!

So, next month it will have been two years since the Veeam Community Hub was first revealed during VeeamON Update 2020.

During this time, there are now over 13.6k users, nearly 20k comments, and over 2.6k topics.

Lets take a moment and reflect on those numbers, it’s VEEAMAZING.

What’s also amazing is the visibility this platform gives to amazing content, even content that isn’t directly related to Veeam can get hundreds or thousands of views

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Exhibit C:

Now I turn to the community and ask, was there any particular topic or content that you were especially impressed with? Maybe it didn’t get the visibility you thought it deserved at the time and want to re-share it?

Whatever the reason, please share your favourite topics below and why you like them!

For me, it’s actually this awesome recovery post from @falkob that I wish had got more attention:

It’s a scenario we never want, but will inevitably face due to one reason or another, having someone experienced like Falko walking through the recovery options for VB365, sure now in v6 we can finally do backup copies, but that still only applies to object storage-based backups, so this remains relevant for those on disk-based backups.

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hard to pick a favourite as there is so much great stuff. However, I can pick one that came in very handy right at the perfect moment. As we all know covering the wide spread of Veeam’s coverage is very difficult but inevitably we as “IT” experts get thrown into areas of IT that we are not experts at all in :). That is when the panic sets in and your fear of hearing in the background noise “well it said he was some kind of Legend, but yeah he does look pretty dumb to be honest :)” and catching the impostor syndrome bug increases.

That is when you turn to your fellow expert warriors for help asap to save face. This post did the trick for me a while back:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Mhhh….. difficult to choose one particular post.

I like most the step-by-step tutorials to solve a specific problem. 😎 They are more detailed and with more screenshots than the product guides and the helpcenter in most cases.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I feel the same in trying to pick out something in particular.  Most of them that get posted I will look at and as Joe mentioned the step-by-step things are great for detail.  I did really like the Falko article too that Michael posted above it was very helpful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@JMeixner & @Chris.Childerhose if it helps you can share as many as you like 😆

Thanks for the mention @Geoff Burke 💚

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@JMeixner & @Chris.Childerhose if it helps you can share as many as you like 😆

Thanks for the mention @Geoff Burke 💚

Sounds like a plan.  I will go back through and pick out a few. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Lots of good content in here. Some of my favorites have been the How To’s and the PowerShell scripts / Tutorials along with the blogs.

Nothing specific at the moment, but I always enjoy finding something and learning just a bit more, or that I can put to practice real life use.  There is a very different vibe reading a blog post with screen shots rather than a manual.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Impressive how the community grew in 2 years 👏

The post I want to highlight isn't so special because of it's content and also it did get very much attention. With 766 comments and over 23k views it set some records. And it has been famous for requesting free t-shirts 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Impressive how the community grew in 2 years 👏

The post I want to highlight isn't so special because of it's content and also it did get very much attention. With 766 comments and over 23k views it set some records. And it has been famous for requesting free t-shirts 😅

👏👏👏 I think you won with this comment 😆

Comment