Solved

Feature Request - More detail in console about active jobs

Userlevel 3

One thing I really miss from other backup products I have managed, more detail displayed about what an active job is doing.  For example, a running Backup for 365 is taking a really long time.  The whole job summary says how many objects it has processed, number of items processed and the data transferred.

But it does not show the same details in the actions. It only shows the name of the item and how long it is taking.  It would be really handy to know how many items and how much data has been transferred at the object level. Would help me understand what is going on and would allow me to investigate what changed to prompt a difference in backup times. 

icon

Best answer by Chris.Childerhose 10 May 2023, 20:38

View original

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sounds like a good request @sknetsch ...but feature requests for Veeam products should be made in the Veeam forums. You’ll get direct feedback from the PMs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You could check in the log files for more information - C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup -- in here there are folders for each job with the log files.  Sometimes they show more information.

Also, if you need to submit requests you will need to do that in the Forums - https:\\forums.veeam.com as that is where Product Management will see this.

Userlevel 3

Thanks Chris. I wasn’t sure where to throw this in. Will resubmit over there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks Chris. I wasn’t sure where to throw this in. Will resubmit over there.

Not a problem.  Always here to help.  😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

One thing I really miss from other backup products I have managed, more detail displayed about what an active job is doing.  For example, a running Backup for 365 is taking a really long time.  The whole job summary says how many objects it has processed, number of items processed and the data transferred.

But it does not show the same details in the actions. It only shows the name of the item and how long it is taking.  It would be really handy to know how many items and how much data has been transferred at the object level. Would help me understand what is going on and would allow me to investigate what changed to prompt a difference in backup times. 

I agree with this, but I don’t think it’d be a huge priority.  But I like to see the stats, and it helps with seeing what is happening as well.  I’m battling that (patience) right now with a large initial backup in VBM365 on a large sharepoint site.

Userlevel 3

It’s a priority need for me right now because my backup snapshots just went overnight from 30 minutes and under 500 MB to never completing and over 500 GB before I stop the job and resubmit.  And I think I know why, but I cannot verify it, I don’t have enough information to correlate.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

R&D forums are the best place for feature requests.

I love statistics and information, but as others have said, this may be less of a priority. 

Either way, go request it or they won’t know you want it. 

Comment