Solved

Expectations For Veeam 11!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello everybody!

So now, we have the official date for Veeam v11 release.

I'd love to know what are your expectations about this version.

Is there some feature that someone would like to highlight?

Any concern about that? Just let me know!

Let’s talk!

:nerd:

icon

Best answer by MicoolPaul 26 January 2021, 21:22

View original

14 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

For me, the continuous data protection is the big ticket item that I’m most excited about, with Veeam for Mac as a close second. But I’d also like to highlight the change to Windows permissions in v11, Gostev discussed here the intent to remove admin privileges as a requirement for using the fat Veeam B&R client. A few years ago a review of the requirements of malware to successfully execute was investigated and approximately 90% of all malware required admin rights to deploy, so this is a huge leap forward in security.

I know immutability will get a lot of love here but my one caution I’d still like to echo is that immutability of an on-prem device managed by the same IT that manage the rest of the infrastructure doesn’t prevent insider threats, as it’s an OS level protection it doesn’t stop someone physically removing/damaging disks to break a RAID array, nor stopping someone booting other media to damage/destroy the “immutable” data and as a result it’s still no substitute for cloud connect or S3 service providers with immutability for S3 or insider threat protection for cloud connect.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

For me the highlights are

• the hardened Linux Repository
  • the plugin for SAP on Oracle
  • continous data protection

But I am looking forward to all the other big and small improvements, too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello everybody!

So now, we have the official date for Veeam v11 release.

I'd love to know what are your expectations about this version.

Is there some feature that someone would like to highlight?

Any concern about that? Just let me know!

Let’s talk!

:nerd:

Interesting point of views @MicoolPaul!

I agree with you about local repository with immutability on Linux don’t replace S3. 

However I think this feature is silver bullet of Veeam 11.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Okay, it wouldn’t be me, if I don’t publish a link to the event itself! :smile:

https://go.veeam.com/v11 

Register now, everyone! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Register now, everyone! 

I was waiting for you here! :sweat_smile:

See you on event...

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Register now, everyone! 

Thank you @Kseniya ,

can’t wait until V11 is launched. It’s like waiting for christmas… :santa_tone1:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

There are many features I’m waiting for, but the immutable hardened Linux repository is the most interesting one for me (although I don’t have an usecase until now). I just like to take any chance to enhance my Linux skills ;)

I also can’t wait to see the final “What’s new” document with all the smaller (but still great) changes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

In short: hardened repository is a game-change, CDP is a spectacular feature. And then so many improvements that make up the new version. There is already a lot of content available here in the community! Currently you get 63 hits, when searching for “v11”!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

In short: hardened repository is a game-change, CDP is a spectacular feature. And then so many improvements that make up the new version. There is already a lot of content available here in the community! Currently you get 63 hits, when searching for “v11”!

I hope this number grown up quickly @vNote42:grin:

Count with me!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Great responses. For me, Agent for MacOS is a rare one. Haven't seen from the major backup provider

Userlevel 1

Waiting to see.. Veeam 11  hope it may solve…. when we upgrade old verison to new version.. the SQL DB with latest versions are also getting updated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

can’t wait until V11 is launched. See you on the event February 25, 2021 at 11 a.m. HKT

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

can’t wait until V11 is launched. See you on the event February 25, 2021 at 11 a.m. HKT

Wow, are you from Hong Kong?

Veeam 11 launch event happens day 24 here on south america. :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Wow, are you from Hong Kong?

Veeam 11 launch event happens day 24 here on south america. :sweat_smile:

Hello Wolff

yes, this is Eddie Kwok come from Hong Kong, nice to meet you in Veeam community.:blush:

Comment