Solved

Exclude AIX job from backup copy on repository

Userlevel 1

I need to exclude an AIX job from a backup copy.

Recently, we have upgraded to version 12.1

The old backup copy has excluded the aix job, but on new backup copy job created we cannot exclude it.

In the exclusions list we can see all job/objects from repository but aix job.

Aix job is unmanaged and versión 4.1

Any idea to fix that?

Thanks in advanced!!

icon

Best answer by esta 16 July 2024, 17:15

View original

11 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

How are you doing the copy job?  From repository or from backup jobs?  You might need to adjust your copy job to go from backup jobs instead of repository maybe.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @ipardo -

According to the User Guide, if you added a Repo, you can exclude either VMs or Jobs from the Copy Job, shared by stating the following:

If you have added repositories as sources of restore points, you can exclude individual VMs or backup jobs from processing. To exclude individual VMs, click Add > VMs. To exclude individual jobs, click Add > Jobs.
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/backup_copy_exclude.html?ver=120

But, if your AIX job isn’t managed by the Veeam Server, maybe Veeam isn’t seeing it to exclude? What do you mean your AIX is unmanaged? Maybe try what Chris suggested to see if you’re then able to exclude your AIX.

Userlevel 1

Hi All,

copy job is inmediate mode and it goes from repository.

AIX server is unmanaged, so there is not plugin installed on VBRserver, all tasks are executed from aix server.

[root@AIXSERVER]:/# veeamconfig mode info
Owner: Not set
Mode: Standalone

The question is that with new job we cannot exclude, but in the old job it was excluded.

thx and Regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi All,

copy job is inmediate mode and it goes from repository.

AIX server is unmanaged, so there is not plugin installed on VBRserver, all tasks are executed from aix server.

[root@AIXSERVER]:/# veeamconfig mode info
Owner: Not set
Mode: Standalone

The question is that with new job we cannot exclude, but in the old job it was excluded.

thx and Regards.

So based on that screenshot the AIX job should be excluded.  If it is not being excluded you may want to open a case with Support to get them to check the logs as to why this is not working as expected.

Also what if you create a new Copy Job as a test to do the exclusion - does that work?  Wondering if the upgrade of the current job is the issue?  This is why Support would be needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Thanks for the addtional info & screenshots @ipardo . Yep, agree with Chris here to open a Case. If it’s not being excluded even though you selected it to, something is going on there; either a DB error or a bug is my guess.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I should ask, if you do open a case, once resolved, please post back the fix for future reference as I’m curious and it might be helpful to others.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @ipardo - I wanted to circle back on this one to see if you were able to get it resolved with Support or not?  If you did please post the fix so others having the same issue can reference it.  Also be sure to mark the “Best Answer” that helped you the most for the issue or if none did but you resolved it when you post the answer mark that as best answer.

Userlevel 1

Hi All, sorry for delay, but we still have the issue. 

Veeam support was checking all but didn’t find the root cause.

Recently, we have sent a copy of veeam database to be analyzed by support team and we are waiting for results.

We will post here the final resolution.

Thanks for your interest and regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Sounds good and keep us posted.

Hello,

According to the support this is a bug that will be fixed with the next Veeam patch.

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Thanks for sharing @esta . Will be good for others who experience the same issue.

Best!

Comment