Solved

Error when restore from tape

Userlevel 4

Hi team:

I have a question about the backup to tape:

I have a job that backs up vm to tape which works, however when the tape is full, it asks for a new one to continue and continues without problems. The issue happens when doing a restore since it asks for 2 tapes and my unit has 1 tape. If I have only one drive, how can I make the job detect that the tape is almost full and request a new one?

Regards,

icon

Best answer by Chris.Childerhose 5 January 2024, 21:36

View original

4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The restore job should tell you what tape it needs first and then prompt you to insert the second tape when it needs it.  I am pretty sure that is how it has been done when I have done a restore from tape that spans multiple tapes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

The restore job should tell you what tape it needs first and then prompt you to insert the second tape when it needs it.  I am pretty sure that is how it has been done when I have done a restore from tape that spans multiple tapes.

Yep, that is right. It should prompt for the next Tape needed to perform the restore. 

Userlevel 4

I did a test using the restore content option from the Library; However, the wizard tells me that I must add all the tapes that I use for said procedure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I did a test using the restore content option from the Library; However, the wizard tells me that I must add all the tapes that I use for said procedure.

Yes, but you will insert whichever one it requires first then the next and so on.  If you have a one tape unit you cannot put all tapes in.  That would only work if you had a library for the tape unit.

Comment