Question

Error: File Does Not Exist. Failed to open storage for read access.

• 20 December 2022
  • 3 comments

Userlevel 1

Hi All,

I’m receiving this error on within Veeam running a Backup Copy to a QNAP. I’m a novice at Veeam so any help is appreciated. Looking in the C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup folder, which log file in particular will detail where exactly this error is happening?

Below is the summary of the Failed ‘Backup Copy to QNAP’ job.

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This will help to explain the Backup Copy jobs - Creating Backup Copy Jobs for VMs and Physical Machines - User Guide for VMware vSphere (veeam.com)

For the logs you need to look at the job log for this copy job in the directory you noted above and there is a subfolder for the actual copy job that will have logs.

Userlevel 1

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the reply. I did check the QNAP and am seeing there are no .vbk files hence why the error “file does not exist”. I created a new backup job mimicking the settings of a working job that is so far successfully running. Fingers crossed!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the reply. I did check the QNAP and am seeing there are no .vbk files hence why the error “file does not exist”. I created a new backup job mimicking the settings of a working job that is so far successfully running. Fingers crossed!

Great to hear keep us posted. 👍🏼

Comment