DRaaS vs. BaaS: the main differences

• 28 December 2020
  • 4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

What is the best scenario in terms of recoverability than your resources?

4 comments

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Can you explain what do u mean by “than your resource” ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Can you explain what do u mean by “than your resource” ?

Hello @gulzarshaikhveeam, I think @eprieto is asking a question. But here are some useful blogposts form Veeam on this topic.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

So just in my humble opinion, if the question was what is the best, then I would say both. I can’t count on how many times I had to "dance” with different restore and recover options in the past when dealing with customers. This is from a Service Provider point of view. 

During disasters there are often unpleasant surprises. Given the fact that the threats out there are wide and multifaceted I always encouraged customers to have leverage as many protection vectors as they can. For best RTO replication hits the spot, but when it comes to ransomware not so much. Also Veeam has itself with the application’s flexibility made the border lines not as clear. An instant recovery from backup can be up pretty quick too.

Again if the questions is about which one to choose, I still go with my answer BOTH! :).  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So just in my humble opinion, if the question was what is the best, then I would say both. I can’t count on how many times I had to "dance” with different restore and recover options in the past when dealing with customers. This is from a Service Provider point of view. 

During disasters there are often unpleasant surprises. Given the fact that the threats out there are wide and multifaceted I always encouraged customers to have leverage as many protection vectors as they can. For best RTO replication hits the spot, but when it comes to ransomware not so much. Also Veeam has itself with the application’s flexibility made the border lines not as clear. An instant recovery from backup can be up pretty quick too.

Again if the questions is about which one to choose, I still go with my answer BOTH! :).  

I see your view point (argument) and I absolutely agree with you. 

Comment