Digital Certification Badges

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hello,

would you like to receive digital badges for your VMSP, VMTSP, VMCE or VMCA certification - e.g via Acclaim?

I think this would be great, you can show your achievement, clients and employers can verify your certifcation online on the Badge Website.

An example of an digital badge can be found here:
https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/e08d2837-6862-43a1-a57e-44246ab432e3

What do you think? Good idea or nonsense?

28 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

This is a fantastic idea :nerd: VMCE and VMCA badges are already available on your acclaim today, for example on https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/44102657-8340-49e2-87cd-6e3566269787

However, VMSP and VMTSP (and VMTSP+) are not on Your Acclaim (yet at least).

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Ok :-)

I had not found the VMCE and VMCA badges up to now… So most of my suggestion is already there - perhaps the rest will be realized, too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Please don't hate me but I've never understood the purpose of YourAcclaim. Isn't the paper/digital certificate which you get after passing an exam proof enough?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Fair question @regnor - I've seen quite a few fake PDF certificates, unfortunately. These days many tenders require consultants who implement to be certified and provide the capability to verify online and this is where Your Acclaim is nice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Fair question @regnor - I've seen quite a few fake PDF certificates, unfortunately. These days many tenders require consultants who implement to be certified and provide the capability to verify online and this is where Your Acclaim is nice.

I thought about fake certificates but couldn't belive someone actually doing this. Of course then a third party validation makes sense. I remember VMware had a page for validating their certifications but can't seem to find it anymore.

By the way I've just noticed that the VMCE2020 doesn't contain a certification ID ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

By the way I've just noticed that the VMCE2020 doesn't contain a certification ID ;)

Correct, I'm pretty sure that is on purpose but I can check up on it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@regnor, the fake certificates are a problem I have seen at several times with consultants and admins...

So I think the online verification ist very useful.

And on a platform like Acclaim you have all your certifications in one place and can direct a client or employer to this place where he can find them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@JMeixner Which certificates have you seen faked? For me, so far MCSA and VCP.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@haslund , yes this is a huge problem with the microsoft certifications. But with the Google certifications, too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@regnor  I followed up on the “missing” certification ID from the PDF certificates. The PDF is mainly for people who like keeping awards in a frame etc. and since we have the digital badge now for real verification we felt it made sense to drop the ID number from the PDF.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@haslund: Thanks for checking that. I liked having a paper/digital certificate, but it looks like the digital badges/verification are the future now. 

I’ve also noticed that I already had an YourAcclaim account and was able to collect all badges from 5 different email adresses.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

If you login to Your Acclaim, from your dashboard it is possible to share your badge to PDF. Today, this does not include a link back to Your Acclaim but I’ve talked to the team to see if we could have that implemented (no promises though).

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

After the first VEEAM Legends are announced, I have to repeat my suggestion from last year.

Wouldn't it be great to get the Legends Badge as a badge shareable via Acclaim?

I think, the design of the legends logo would be an outstanding pretty badge….

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

After the first VEEAM Legends are announced, I have to repeat my suggestion from last year.

Fully agree, Joe! Let’s see if we can make it happen :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

VMCE badges are already available on your acclaim today?

Please login to Your Acclaim dashboard or verity the Acclaim email setting. please find below attached for reference, thank you.

for example on https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/d3284be3-a564-4279-aa1f-e3d31e803362/linked_in_profile

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hello @Eddie Kwok ,

yes, I have learned about the existing Acclaim VEEAM Badges. Hadn’t seen them before. Just after my suggestion was online in November, I have seen the first mesages with these badges on LinkedIn...

But my suggestion now was, to create an Acclaim Badge for the VEEAM Legends. :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello JMeixner,

Congratulations on your VEEAM Legends :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @JMeixner, tiny spoiler: I’m on it! I will share updates shortly :wink:  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hey @Kseniya ,
super, thank you. I am very curious about it... :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

hope can enter the VEEAM Legends program next time:sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

@Kseniya this is great news!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello,

would you like to receive digital badges for your VMSP, VMTSP, VMCE or VMCA certification - e.g via Acclaim?

I think this would be great, you can show your achievement, clients and employers can verify your certifcation online on the Badge Website.

An example of an digital badge can be found here:
https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/e08d2837-6862-43a1-a57e-44246ab432e3

What do you think? Good idea or nonsense?

you have lot of batches @JMeixner .. Excellent .. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I’m personally not a huge fan of Acclaim either @regnor , but I understand its purpose, as has been pointed out - a central repository of sorts for all your certs, instead of having to go to each tech/vendor cert site individually to pull it up if requested by someone/employer (though I have yet in my 15+yr cert career to have to ‘show’ one). 

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @JMeixner, I wanted to great a new topic for this but having read through the comments, I would like to continue from here. I agree, one should be able to verify these badges as well.

Have we been able to implement the Veeam Legend badge shareable via credly etc? Here is a list of all available badges: https://www.credly.com/skills/veeam/related_badges.

When implemented, this will be great for all Legends and Vanguards. And also Veeam Community leaders may find this interesting.

For better results, I will be tagging these special players@Madi.Cristil and @Rick Vanover @NikolaPejkova to help oversee this. 

Many thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @Eddie Kwok ,

yes, I have learned about the existing Acclaim VEEAM Badges. Hadn’t seen them before. Just after my suggestion was online in November, I have seen the first mesages with these badges on LinkedIn...

But my suggestion now was, to create an Acclaim Badge for the VEEAM Legends. :sunglasses:

Seconded! 

Comment