Question

DB2 Plugin Available Methods Or Commands

Userlevel 2

We are beginning implementation of the DB2 plugin in v12.1. Looking at the documentation online, we see commands and examples for backing up and restoring backups, but you have to know the date/timestamp for the file to restore. There is no command to list available backup files using the plugin that is documented online (that I can find, anyway). However, a helpful engineer that we consulted with during pre-buy provided us with a command to list the available backups using the agent (db2 list history backup all for <db name>).

Now I’m wondering why that isn’t documented online, and if there is a document somewhere that lists all of the commands or methods possible with the DB2 plugin.

Does anyone know where we can get that documentation?

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I cannot seem to find documentation on the commands for the Agent but will keep searching.  Can you not see the backup restore points in the Veeam console to get that information?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I’m not aware of any place @PilotMark . Maybe someone can share who may know? At the very least, you can ping Veeam Product Managers in the Forums.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@PilotMark - I believe the DB2 cmd you list is a vendor-specific cmd to IBM and not the Veeam Plugin. Veeam Plugin commands appear to use the DB2ConfigTool command, as seen in the DB2 Plugin Guide.

You can find DB2 commands in their Admin Guide here and here

Hope that helps.

Userlevel 2

I cannot seem to find documentation on the commands for the Agent but will keep searching.  Can you not see the backup restore points in the Veeam console to get that information?

Unfortunately the restore points do not appear in the Veeam console. It just shows the database name that was backed up and the time that it occurred. It would be a great addition to include the restore points in the console like other backups.

Userlevel 2

@PilotMark - I believe the DB2 cmd you list is a vendor-specific cmd to IBM and not the Veeam Plugin. Veeam Plugin commands appear to use the DB2ConfigTool command, as seen in the DB2 Plugin Guide.

You can find DB2 commands in their Admin Guide here and here

Hope that helps.

Thanks. I’ve passed that information on to our DB2 admin to see if that will give him what he needs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Ok... Let us know if that works. 

For feature requests, you should go over to the Veeam Forum and submit what you'd like to see changed. The Product Managers are pretty good at responding. 

Comment