Skip to main content
Solved

DataDoamin Immutable Integration

Hi all… greetings…

I am wondering if expiry date can be shown in the Veeam GUI under backup properties?

With using Dell DataDomain immutable repo

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @GoldenTree ,

the retention date is specified only for backups created by VeeamZIP, export backup or copy backup and with the retention period specified.

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/view_backup_properties.html?ver=120

If you were referring to the immutability date, I believe the “immutable until” column is only found on the VHR.

I don't have a DD with immutability to verify at the moment, let's wait for more comments.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@GoldenTree 

The Expiry date is only shown on Tapes not on disk based devices as far as i know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @GoldenTree -

Immutability is not supported on DataDomain unless you are on Veeam v12.1 Click the link below  for limitations and information on using Immutability with DD:

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/dell_dd.html?ver=120#immutability

Hi @liyakat_versatile - this isn’t accurate. I see immutability expiration date for my immutability backup jobs, which are on disk-based SAN 😊

Immutability Expiry Date - SAN-Backed Repo

Userlevel 5
Badge

@coolsport00 

Thanks for correcting me. :-) I will look into it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@coolsport00

Thanks for correcting me. :-) I will look into it.

All good. TBH, I wasn’t even aware of this column. Glad @GoldenTree brought up this question. I learned a new thing today! 😊

Userlevel 5
Badge

@coolsport00 That is the best thing I like about this community. We learn new things everyday. :-)

Userlevel 2

Thanks all for responding

I am using VBR 12.1, I found this column with integration to HPE StoreOnce

While not sure the same on DataDomain

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @GoldenTree - then it may be a limitation, or even a “bug”, with DataDomain appliances. I recommend reaching out to Veeam Support to report it; or, at the very least, post on the Forums to let PMs know this column isn’t visible to backup files residing on DD appliances. 

Best.

Comment