Community Recap - "Breaking the Rule"

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Got caught back up on community recaps last night (I was a couple weeks behind) but over the course of the past 8ish months, I’ve noticed that @Rick Vanover mentions breaking the rule, or not breaking the rule, or sorta breaking the rule but it’s okay. 

My question is, for those of us who haven’t been around since the community inception…

What is “the rule”?

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

It is typically only three highlights for the recaps but when they go over or have special news that is breaking the “rule”.  (I think) 😋🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

😂😂😂 yes, three highlights were the rule. But in the last year it was more often, that this was broken than it was abided. 🙂

So, it is no hard rule….

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Ah...this makes sense.  Wondered why there’s so much “special department news” sometimes.  A good workaround is always a good idea!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hahah the “Rule” is to cover the top 3 pieces of Community Content as the feature of the Recap.

The exception is “Special Department” news, which has no limit. The content is totally subjective, it’s not based on who, how popular, etc.; it is just what the team sees and likes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Image of Drew Carey from the American version of the TV series “Who’s Line Is It Anyway?”, reading from a post-it note with the caption “Veeam Community Recap.  Where the topics are made up and the rules don’t matter.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Ouch but accurate @dloseke 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Ouch but accurate @dloseke 

Ah…said only in humor and not criticism…  😁

Just hope that at least a few people get the Who’s Line Is It Anyway? reference.  Especially since Drew Carey is an Ohio native.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The rules only get broken when there is too much good content though. Seems like a fair reason to break it.

Comment