Question

change IP address of SMB repository

Userlevel 1

I added a 10 Gbe NIC to my server hosting my SMB repository. That new NIC has a different IP address. I have a bunch of machines that backup via Windows and Linux agents and I don’t have the option to edit them from the Veeam Backup & Replication console (the Edit menu item is grayed out). Most of these machines are currently offline/not accessible. I’d like to avoid remoting into or physically going to each of these machines (so many) - how can I change the IP address of this SMB repository within VB&R console so the machines will pick up the revised repository when they come back online to perform a backup?

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi, are these jobs managed by agent or managed by VBR?

Userlevel 1

Hi, are these jobs managed by agent or managed by VBR?

By the agent. The free agents, to be exact. I didn’t have VBR initially so all these machines were backing up directly to a SMB share before VBR server was put in place then I changed the agents to use the same SMB share set up as a VBR repository.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I think there's no way of changing the IP of an existing repository. You will have to create a new repository and point your jobs/agents to this one.

If you had used a hostname instead if the IP address in the repository, then you could just edit that one in DNS.

Comment